Corsair Community

The Obsidian 1000D Owners Club 'The Nags Head'

Zotty

well after fighting to get all the fans and lightning running,I can sit back an have a good look at my (new) pc,I kept the mb and cpu,from last year.

This one is watercooled with ek parts, soft tubing(function before beauty)Running one loop gpu-cpu and return 2 times 480 rads in front only fans in the top.

running user bench mark and BF5 test ,water temp out 23c return 24,6c.

However I have second thoughts on the 1000d and all its lightning system

My number one item:Corsair needs to take a good look at its customers needs

get all the good advices about this case/lightning/comander pro/lightning nodes/including cables routing/setup in to a manual,something like 20-25 pages.

When you buy a new MB you get like a 100pages manual that explains it all.

I started out with Comandore 64 and Amiga early 80s and have build 30-40 pc and realy felt the need for a manual at this build.

My thanks goes to Zooty for his diagrams and explonations,great job.

Hey guys :).. welcome to the club.......

Thanks for the kind word's. . But not why we are here lol. It's not about me. But, Also thank you to guys for reading/listening :).

Re manual. . On the money dude.. It needed one that's for sure. But that's why we are here lol. We are the manual! :). Lol

well I just finished my case this morning all up and running ,but not happy with the fan controls ,quiet balanced,extrem, based on what input? already thinking on case mods,take away the glass door in the back(that no one sees) and rig a new wall with brackets to mount 2 fan controllers from Nzxt,as it is now the fans are hunting to much, annoying sound

well I just finished my case this morning all up and running ,but not happy with the fan controls ,quiet balanced,extrem, based on what input? already thinking on case mods,take away the glass door in the back(that no one sees) and rig a new wall with brackets to mount 2 fan controllers from Nzxt,as it is now the fans are hunting to much, annoying sound

All you need to do is make a custom fan profile. I base my speeds off my coolant temp. Very seldom; unless I'm doing a torture test, do my fans exceed minimum RPM {700}.

• 2 weeks later...

I just had a problem with one of my m2.disks samsung 960 evo 500gb read/wright speed ,vent down to almost zero after a firmware update.

I was running 2b7qcxe7 and was made aware by samsung disk managment that new firmware was avaiable 3b7qcxe7,it killed the disk.It seems that this is a known problem on forums on the net,and you cant change it back to he old firmware,there is a fix for the 970 evo but not the 960 evo.Samsung sent me a new disk trough my dealer,good service.

Well I just joined your club guys as my husband has now started to put together my build for me. The parts I picked / have for this build ...

Case - Corsair Obsidian Series 1000D

CPU - Intel I9 - 9900K Processor

CPU Cooler - Hydro Series H150i Pro RGB 360mm Liquid CPU Cooler

Motherboard - ROG Maximus XI Extreme

RAM - DDR4 G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4266Mhz 32GB (Back Order)

Video Card - ROG Strix OC 1080Ti

SSD's - Samsung 850 Pro x 3

Power Supply - Corsair HX 1200i

Fans - Corsair ML120 Pro 120mm Premium x 16 (6 for CPU Cooler)push pull

Command Pro x 2

RGB Fan LED Hub x 3

Corsair LED Lighting Pro Expansion Kits x 2

Monitor - Samsung 49" CHG90 QLED Gaming Monitor 144Hrz 1ms

784716299_pimpmyridepc.thumb.jpg.2d3f4fc98a82b378b847b46458aa9ed7.jpg

Edited by Zorlacc
update

Thanks Zotty and Thank You much for all your help. As Freck put in my MB and power supply tonight. I did the 8 front fans to have them ready step one done, all numbered with painters tape and ready to go for step 2. BTW great idea with the fans you had all wires run down the center and it looks nice...fans.thumb.jpg.887cdd28b94f6c6bd5fbf09edfefdd6d.jpg