Corsair Community

CORSAIR Obsidian Series 1000D Now Available!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm gonna be honest, i loved EVERYTHING about the project Slate, but that flat glass front panel is a no-no for me. Where is the curved front panel like the Slate project, or even 500D SE ? I guess it is too difficult to mass product ... But will there be an alternative in the future like a steal curved front panel like the "normal" 500D ?

I really want this case but i'm sorry, that front panel isn't looking so good imo.

edit: Seems like the curved front panel will be available to buy separately, unless this is a photo error

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-%7C-Parts/PC-Components/Cases/Obsidian-1000D-Front-Panel%2C-Tempered-Glass/p/CC-8900166

Edited by PWN3D_
More info about a possible curved front panel + link

• Corsair Employees
I'm gonna be honest, i loved EVERYTHING about the project Slate, but that flat glass front panel is a no-no for me. Where is the curved front panel like the Slate project, or even 500D SE ? I guess it is too difficult to mass product ... But will there be an alternative in the future like a steal curved front panel like the "normal" 500D ?

I really want this case but i'm sorry, that front panel isn't looking so good imo.

edit: Seems like the curved front panel will be available to buy separately, unless this is a photo error

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-%7C-Parts/PC-Components/Cases/Obsidian-1000D-Front-Panel%2C-Tempered-Glass/p/CC-8900166

1000D does not have curved glass due to manufacturing complexity and the resulting QC that would need to be maintained. That spare part listing has the incorrect image. I realize that might be a bit of a downer, we tried our hardest to make the original Concept Slate aesthetic work for mass production, it just didn't pan out.

I've waited for this case for a long time, but do have a few, small gripes.

I realise you wanted to minimise tempered glass at the top to cut down on price, though I think you missed a golden opportunity to work with modders - if the pieces either side had been optimised for 3D printing, it would've allowed people to attach their own grill designs above the dust filters. Offering a 1000D-version of the 570X Mirror's RGB PSU Shroud would be a nice accessory as well, and this case now provides the perfect opportunity to make a 200mm LL RGB fan...

Apart from these, it's much less expensive than I anticipated, which more than competes with Phanteks' super tower. Excellent job :sunglasse

Edited by Hyncharas

What is max CPU cooler height for the mini-ITX motherboard. I think cooler height spec will vary based on which cards are populated on the ATX motherboard, e.g. cooler height if “last” card is in slot 8, or “last” card in slot 7, etc.

Is this information available yet?

Can the 4 x 120 tray be used for the front or is it only for the top panel? I think 8 fans are a bit much, but 4 down the middle would be fine. I would prefer 140mm, but I can work with 120mm.

I agree with PWN3D_, a front curved glass panel would have been awesome, but I can understand how difficult that would have been for mass production. Still, if the 500 SE will have it, wish the 1000D could have too.

Finally, after a couple of years wondering what case I will use for my next build, yes the case was keeping me from building anything new, I have found my new case!!!! And I can build two systems in one, YES!!! Maybe it's not perfect, but I'll be happy to build my HEDT system in it! Nice job Corsair!

What is max CPU cooler height for the mini-ITX motherboard. I think cooler height spec will vary based on which cards are populated on the ATX motherboard, e.g. cooler height if “last” card is in slot 8, or “last” card in slot 7, etc.

Is this information available yet?

Great question, I'd like to know the answer to that as well.

Hello:

I am having the same problem as well. I want to order the following piece; 8x 120 mm Fan Tray to make a quad 480mm rad build and have the case most likely forever for future builds.

https://www.corsair.com/uk/en/Catego...y/p/CC-8900160

It is unreasonable that only can be ordered in the US store to be delivered to the US, while the rest of the world get treated as "second class", after buying a 449 £ (500€) case, and we can't have a 9.99$ tray, as you can see in the following link.

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Catego...y/p/CC-8900160

I would pay for the international delivery and I wouldn't care, but apparently is impossible, the demand should be of 17 million Corsair Obsidian 1000D sold in the US for them to not to offer the part in other parts of the world.

Sad

Hello:

I am having the same problem as well. I want to order the following piece; 8x 120 mm Fan Tray to make a quad 480mm rad build and have the case most likely forever for future builds.

It is unreasonable that only can be ordered in the US store to be delivered to the US, while the rest of the world get treated as "second class", after buying a 449 £ (500€) case, and we can't have a 9.99$ tray, as you can see in the following link.

I would pay for the international delivery and I wouldn't care, but apparently is impossible, the demand should be of 17 million Corsair Obsidian 1000D sold in the US for them to not to offer the part in other parts of the world.

Sad

Yeah.. experienced the same. Don't expect the stores to provide accessories to this case either. Not that any of them seem to have the case in stock where I live anyway.

Hello:

Sad

Yea same here at Germany 1000D arrived today no changes to get the

SKU CC-8900160 Obsidian 1000D 8x 120mm Fan Tray in the next days ?

hope not weeks or months :eek: :rant: :sigh!:

https://www.corsair.com/de/de/Kategorien/Produkte/Zubeh%C3%B6r-%7C-Teile/PC-Komponenten/Geh%C3%A4use/Obsidian-1000D-8x-120mm-Fan-Tray/p/CC-8900160

Have to check every day Corsair Shop if at stock :...:

So the Build with 4 x 480 actual on ice.But lets hope for the best

Yea same here at Germany 1000D arrived today no changes to get the

SKU CC-8900160 Obsidian 1000D 8x 120mm Fan Tray in the next days ?

hope not weeks or months :eek: :rant: :sigh!:

https://www.corsair.com/de/de/Kategorien/Produkte/Zubeh%C3%B6r-%7C-Teile/PC-Komponenten/Geh%C3%A4use/Obsidian-1000D-8x-120mm-Fan-Tray/p/CC-8900160

Have to check every day Corsair Shop if at stock :...:

So the Build with 4 x 480 actual on ice.But lets hope for the best

My only option was to order it from United States, because they have priority treatment, and then mail forward it to me in order to arrive on time for DreamHack Valencia... for a total amount of 50$ for a piece that costs 9.99$ in the US store...

I used USGOBUY, and it worked really well in their part, 10/10, and they refund me some funds because they didn't need the amount of money they asked initially.

In corsairs part... 0/10, the support team just redirect me to outside sellers in Europe to try there or just say wait until it comes to stock.... on a whopping 449 pounds or 500 euros case... really nice answer.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FneGHOe-77O44gSUQ4CCLuXw3-5p45PD

I was so close to pulling the trigger and buying this case. I do not mind that the "curved" glass is not on the final product. The "curved" sections always looked more bent than curved to me. Either way, I have been planning a dual system build for quite some time and I was very excited when Corasir revealed the Project Slate. I have to say that I am quite disappointed and confused that this was released as an Obsidian series case AND is being marketed as the ultimate RGB super case.

Traditionally, the Obsidian series cases are well made and functional black boxes which is fine. What is frustrating with this case is that the black interior (and all other parts) absorb most of the light that is given off by any LEDs. If I was able to purchase a white version of this case, I would do so in a heartbeat. With a white interior, light is free to bounce around and bring the entire interior of the case to life.

I thought about buying one of these cases and powder coating it myself but I still would not be able to change the color of the molded plastic. I am still waiting for someone to make a gorgeous, white case with all the bells and whistles.

Well.... that piece of metal needed to be modified as it didn't hold the radiator directly on it unless I putter push pull on it, which I wasn't going to do on a quad 480mm. anyway, after four hours of taking some metal out, this is the result. (WIP)

With no extra RGB, no a huge fan of it.

20180605_181951.jpg

Edited by zeroesp

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
it's going to be tight imho.....

Well.. it doesn't reach. Even with the hoses completely straightened out it's about 3 inches too short.

SO.. just in case anyone else is thinking what I was thinking, here's the deal. I bought the H150i Pro and the H100i Pro. I bought the quad 120mm fan tray for the case and planned on mounting the H150i at the top. Then I was going to mount the H100i in the front - if that didn't reach, the back.

Disappointment: You can't mount the H100i in the front because it doesn't reach. You also cannot mount it on the back because the fan tray rails prevent it. So if you want to use an AIO for the second MiniITX system, you're only option is to use the H60 single 120mm AIO and mount it on the back. Which is kind of a bummer considering the size of the case.

I hope this helps someone else who is thinking of doing a dual system build with two AIO coolers. I have an H100i sitting here now that I'll have to find a home for. Overall I have mixed feelings. I understand that the assumption with this case is a custom loop. For sure. But at the same time I assumed that Corsair would have considered their own products while measuring out. Meh, whatever. I love the case regardless. :):

I hope this helps someone else who is thinking of doing a dual system build with two AIO coolers. I have an H100i sitting here now that I'll have to find a home for. Overall I have mixed feelings. I understand that the assumption with this case is a custom loop. For sure. But at the same time I assumed that Corsair would have considered their own products while measuring out. Meh, whatever. I love the case regardless. :):

Good honest advice right there!!.. thanks for the heads up dude... I prob had those exact plans my self.. Currently doing a 1000d build my self

• 2 weeks later...
@ Zotty

Thank you

The challenge will be to build water cooling for the first time.

Rog

Same.. thats my most looked forward to part of my adventure.. once i have the basic build 'how too's' in my build log thread I should be then starting to Loop it :)