Corsair Community

750D Front Fascia Removal/Replacement

foolycooly

Hello,

The front panel clips on my 750D were broken when I completed my build a couple of months ago. I just now received my RMA replacement part (SKU CC-8930169). It is the entire front fascia panel which houses the spring mechanism for the front panel clips.

Does anyone have any experience removing the entire front bezel? It's hard for me to tell how exactly it is attached to the case and I was wondering if there were any clips I should be trying to release before I just try to yank the entire thing off.

Thanks.

Wanted to update my own thread for anyone who needs to replace this part in the future--

There are actually some screws you will need to remove to get the whole fascia off. I wish I had taken some pictures but i'll do my best to describe what needs to be done.

-First remove any optical drives or anything you have in the 5.25" bays--this will make everything easier

-There are four clip/tabs that you can press to release the 5.25" fascia. This is a separate piece from the main surround on the front of the case. This piece has the power button and holes for the front panel connections (and will come with your replacement fascia). Remove this piece and put it aside.

-Inside the case itself are 2 phillips head screws that hold the front fascia to the chassis. These are located about 75% of the way toward the top near the 5.25" drive cages. Remove these and the whole thing should begin to drop loose (it's actually held on by some L-hooks--picture the entire front fascia sliding down vertically, and then releasing away from the front of the chassis).

-Before the fascia will come completely free, you'll need to remove the front panel controls unit from the old/broken fascia. There are places for four phillips head screws that hold this in (mine only had 3 attached). Remove these and you will be able to slide the mini front panel unit out of the old fascia and let it hang inside the case freely.

-Repeat the steps above in reverse to put the new panel on. I'll note that while my old fascia essentially fell off when I removed the appropriate screws, I had to use some force to get the new one on. You'll see what I mean about the L-hooks, but essentially you will place the front fascia on with the hooks through the holes, then push the entire fascia vertically up towards the top of the case to snap the hooks into place. Be careful with the front panel unit when you are doing this...it's probably easier to maneuver the front panel controls in place before snapping the new panel on.

It's so nice finally having the aluminum front panel clip in properly after looking at it broken for several months. Let me know if you have any other questions!

• 11 months later...

Thanks for this post! I have been looking for this partnumber for some time now, as I have a RMA on my 750D.

I also have problems with my power button, as the button on the "outside" don't reach the one on the inside. Hopefully they will ship me some parts I can swap myself.

There are four clip/tabs that you can press to release the 5.25" fascia. This is a separate piece from the main surround on the front of the case. This piece has the power button and holes for the front panel connections (and will come with your replacement fascia). Remove this piece and put it aside.

Will this expose the LED lights for the power button. My power LED doesn't work, but the HDD light does. I understand they are just hot glued in. I guess Corsair forgot about my RMA for the I/O panel harness. If it does, would it be easy to replace the light?

• 2 weeks later...
Based off pictures, you will need to remove the whole fascia in order to replace the I/O panel.

I was hoping that if taking off the upper cover for the I/O panel it would expose the LED light for the power so I can change just the bulb, or possibly it may just be a bad contact.

I was hoping that if taking off the upper cover for the I/O panel it would expose the LED light for the power so I can change just the bulb, or possibly it may just be a bad contact.

Well, I took the 5.25 bezel off and it does expose the LED power button and HD activity light. Unfortunately it doesn't let you see the actual connection. The bulb is not loose and the wires are not frayed as far as I can tell. I removed the screws for the I/O panel and tried to pull it out a little,wires are so snug and just long enough I couldn't pull it out far enough to see the actual LED light contact. Oh well, so much for an easy fix. FYI, I/O panel screws are very small, have a magnet handy if you drop one in the screw well. I guess I can't expect perfection and will have to live with a dead LED power light.

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello,

i had same problem, but i did it.

There are some hints:

- there 4 screws (2 very, very near to leds and 1 on each side of that panel) and the top of case - for frontpanel button and connectors panel, you need remove 5.25 case - 4 clips, no screw.

- after that when you need to remove main panel you need it to slide - im not sure if up or down.. but you need slide for sure.

Here are some pictures:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j2u2m96y2nmeqz6/2020-05-13%2015.22.19.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aqg14ezu59mxsk4/2020-05-13%2015.29.01.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x1mxnocevszwvv8/2020-05-13%2015.33.25.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ekgj8z888ed3bm7/2020-05-13%2015.33.33.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/niyd10rio3d5mdc/2020-05-13%2015.33.40.jpg?dl=0