Corsair Community

Platinum H150i?

ShadowSabre

Any follow up? I'm going to take a wild guess it'll be released by January or so, since that would be the 1 year mark of the H150i PRO announcement.

That doesn't mean they are going to get to work on putting it to market. Since the Platinum coolers are being offered as a parallel product and not a replacement for the PRO line, I am not sure the release time frame matters as much. I don't think any one is against a Platinum 360mm, but historically I can't recall any 360mm product from that OEM and the decision to release one or not is largely a mathematical one along price point and market share lines. The final straw is Corsair doesn't really give out hints. One day it's on the front page of the website. There is some risk to playing the waiting game, although if you are already sitting on a H150i you are in good shape.

Edited by c-attack
Removed incorrect release date

• 2 months later...
Would love an H150i Platinum SE (White Version). :) Hope Corsair will throw that on the marked, with and without RGB Fans. :) Would fit my Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic in white perfect. (Need a new one so i can throw the old H100i over in my old Carbide 500R Case where my old I7 3770k is. :D Edited by Lif3Changer

• 3 weeks later...
Would love an H150i Platinum SE (White Version). :) Hope Corsair will throw that on the marked, with and without RGB Fans. :) Would fit my Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic in white perfect. (Need a new one so i can throw the old H100i over in my old Carbide 500R Case where my old I7 3770k is. :D

+1 for the H150i Platinum SE (White Version)!

I'm going to change my CPU this year and I'd love it to replace my H100i as well! Otherwise I'm going to have to get a white 360mm aio from a different brand (only one on the market right now, I think).

Edited by Kuaneos

• 3 weeks later...

+1 for the H150i Platinum SE (White Version) also!

The 240 version of this is absolutely beautiful but most people now using the 360 rads. Hoping to start my new build in April so fingers crossed it comes out soon otherwsie going to have to go with the Deepcool - CAPTAIN 360EX, seems to be the only white 360 rad out there.

Oh Corsair HEAR US! 'Pray Hands'

Nothing that I've heard, but I will definitely give this info to our team.

I was ready to pull the trigger on purchasing the H150i until I found out the fans are not RGB. The decision to not include that is puzzling to me.

That feature and maybe an LL fan option would be great.

I was ready to pull the trigger on purchasing the H150i until I found out the fans are not RGB. The decision to not include that is puzzling to me.

That feature and maybe an LL fan option would be great.

Common sentiment, but of course it would mean a price increase. You'll note the Platinum series coolers that do come with RGB fans check in noticeably higher than the corresponding Pro model. The next problem is fan choice. You like RGB LL. I like RGB HD. Next person likes RGB ML. It's a big pill to swallow to pay for RGB fans you don't intend to use. That brings up a common wish of mine - no fans at all on these coolers. Price goes down a little, choose your own. That is not likely to happen. Still too many people who would install without fans, not realizing it was a mistake and still others who then immediately call you cheap for not including them. I'll never understand why professional reviewers favor testing the case/cooler in the way it shipped (1 fan, 3 fans, no fans, without regard to its actual potential), but there it is. Having a selectable fan choice with the main cooler is a bit problematic from a vendor and inventory standpoint. Made to order costs more for a reason. That brings us back around to the current state of affairs for the last decade or so... inexpensive fans on cases and coolers. Everyone plays it down the middle.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Keeping this thread alive, as I too would like to see an H150i RGB Platinum 360 AIO version released. I'd be happy with ML RGB fans, however, also just as happy to have the RGB lead wires provided on the cooler and choose my own.

With April now almost behind us, we can only hope for a mid-year release.

Tony