Corsair Community

Crystal 680X

jcniest5

I'm somewhat disappointed that this case doesn't even have the hard drive/SSD activity LED! How could such feature be missing from such a high class case?

Whose's idea was it to leave it out? Or did Corsair have memory relapse and forgot about it? I don't get it.

:veryangry:confused::rant2::rant::bsflag:

Probably quite a ways past the point where you need an LED light on your case to tell you if the old hard drive is spinning up to "do something". If you are curious about your HDD/SSD activity, there are better tools and the basic Windows Performance monitor will probably show your C drive is constantly active. If the 680X had an HDD light, the first thing I would do is unplug it. I am not sure why you want a strobe light show.

And at least HDs make clicking noise, SSD is silent, so having activity light is even more important. I really think Corsair blew it by not including this feature. There are so many lights now, HD activity light doesn't bother me. Not including it bothers me more.

So, I found an HDD/SSD LED/Light from a case I salvaged and threw away and just use it on this case. Now, at least I know if/when there's any activities. Don't want to mod the case, so I just make sure the LED is visible somewhere on the case.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Geez....no support here? LOL!!!

This is the User’s forums, not Corsair support. I am not sure what you were expecting regardless. You’ve offered an opinion on a case design. Did you think the design team would jump in and recall the newly launched product to incorporate your suggestion? It doesn’t have a HDD activity light and you may find that isn’t a common feature anymore.