Corsair Community

The Obsidian 1000D Owners Club 'The Nags Head'

Zotty

So I'm in the process of planning a 1000D case, CPU only custom EK watercooling build(Not really fussed about watercooling the gpu since my main focus is overclocking the cpu). I'm just using the Crystal 280x for the time being just so I'm able to go on the computer *cough*apple user for 5 years*cough*. While Now I've done that, I'm gitty with excitment to plan and look for parts for my ultimate tower. Going to start with the LL Fans first then work my way to the EK blocks etc.

• 2 weeks later...
I am running a kabylake i7 7700k at 5ghz steady at 35-37 c gaming ,and never above 50 in cpu test. 6 140 fans in push/pull on a 420 rad,if you go for this solution you need 3 corsair fans ll,if you want led fans the pull fans can be any brand,mine is noctua as I had 6 of them.the pull fans with led will not be seen,so no need for led fans on top.Fans running at 1000rpm Edited by fishburger20

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Will the Crosshair VII Impact mini-dtx in bottom of 1000d? Rather than the normal 17cm x 17cm, the mini-dtx is 20.3 cm x 17cm. The extra length would come out toward the 1000d side panel.

Cant see it buddy.. no way of knowing without trying i guess..