Corsair Community

680x

Hockster2

Choked off front intake also. No commander pro, costs same as 500D RGB SE. No front 140mm fan support either for more than 2 fans. Most likely supports 3 top 120 mm fans but with a 570X fan tray. Yet again no option to just get the case without fans. It just bothers me how little corsair puts into developing products and then just marks them up outrageously. They basically are riding on "sunk costs" of buying into their ecosystem.

One other thing that I find -really- odd is the inclusion of the SP120 rear fan. Like, why? It isn't even plugged into the node pro and it can't be either because as far as I know you can only have one fan type per lighting hub. It really makes you think...are they sitting on tons of those garbage fans? Why not just include another LL120 or LL140?

Very annoying.

Choked off front intake also. No commander pro, costs same as 500D RGB SE. No front 140mm fan support either for more than 2 fans. Most likely supports 3 top 120 mm fans but with a 570X fan tray. Yet again no option to just get the case without fans. It just bothers me how little corsair puts into developing products and then just marks them up outrageously. They basically are riding on "sunk costs" of buying into their ecosystem.

One other thing that I find -really- odd is the inclusion of the SP120 rear fan. Like, why? It isn't even plugged into the node pro and it can't be either because as far as I know you can only have one fan type per lighting hub. It really makes you think...are they sitting on tons of those garbage fans? Why not just include another LL120 or LL140?

Can't have it both ways. Either it comes with 8 LL fans and a Commander Pro and costs a mint or it comes with less to keep the price down. I would be fine with no fans for all cases and let the user decide. The rear fan included is not RGB and is one of the standard grey stock case fans. Appears to be a 120mm hybrid design.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone tried to install a 360mm radiator behind the 3 front fans?

I was wondering on how air flow would react with a 360mm radiator in the front pushing air outside the case and bottom 140 fans as intake (obviously with 2 other fans in the top).

Baio

I was wondering on how air flow would react with a 360mm radiator in the front pushing air outside the case and bottom 140 fans as intake (obviously with 2 other fans in the top).

Baio

Probably poorly. It's a bad design. If you want a similarly styled case that performs very well check out the Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic.

[ame]

[/ame]

It's also half the price of the Corsair.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112583&Description=lian%20li&cm_re=Lian Li-_-11-112-583-_-Product

Probably poorly. It's a bad design. If you want a similarly styled case that performs very well check out the Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic.

It's also half the price of the Corsair.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112583&Description=lian%20li&cm_re=Lian Li-_-11-112-583-_-Product

Thanks for your replay.

I also think the 3 infront fans DO stay in intake, outtake is a non sense. Infact I'm coming to the conclusion thant 680X can host a 360 radiator but it's ment to be used with a 240mm radiator in the top, every other solution is not optimal.

The Lian Li case you linked is one of those I'm considering… air flow is surely better than Corsair's one (I mean installing a 360 radiator, of course), as you can put it in the top (which is quite the ideal position)… I'm just complaining about the esthetic factor, which for me goes in favour of the 680X.

Talking about money, 680X is more expensive for sure, but it offers quite more (fans, Lighting node).

It's a hard choice… I'm coming from a Silverstone Fortress FT-02 that I would have never abandon but for a couple of details… the most important is there is no way to install radiators bigger than 120mm.

Baio

It would be just fine with 360mm front radiator intake, bottom intake, then top/rear exhaust. I have run this on a 740 (it's sibling) with good results. Coolant temp is basically exterior room temp. The one thing to watch out for is long GPU cards (MSI Trio, etc). It is going to be about a 300mm max for if you want the front radiator of any size and 27-30mm thick.

Any negative airflow comments about this case will surely be tied to the glass panels. Strangely, glass does not let air pass through. This creates a restriction to airflow. It's not going to be as airflow efficient as the Carbide Air 740. Whenever you decide to go with glass panels, you are giving up airflow potential, either for improved aesthetics, a reduction in transmitted case noise, or both. I won't argue the 011 is better/worse and it's design is fairly unique. However, make sure you read user reviews for it as well.

2 fans dont fit up top with the 360mm rad. The rad lines get in the way only one fan will fit up top in the rear. I’m in the middle of my build. I thougt about flipping the rad and having the lines come from the bottom but I dont think i have seen anyone do that before. Probably for good reason.

2 fans dont fit up top with the 360mm rad. The rad lines get in the way only one fan will fit up top in the rear. I’m in the middle of my build. I thougt about flipping the rad and having the lines come from the bottom but I dont think i have seen anyone do that before. Probably for good reason.

Do you mean it’s impossible to mount 2 top fans both in push and push/pull?

Baio

Still 570x for me is King, i know a 360 rad doesn't fit on top but i dont mind front to be honest with 6 fans on it doing a push pull, it even looks better like that.

Design team kinda overdid it with that model, although it has some disadvantages like the PSU shroud cover that was missing, the Branding logo that was only white but other than that it's still my favourite looking case ever made and i don't regret it a single bit.

Do you mean it’s impossible to mount 2 top fans both in push and push/pull?

Baio

If you mount a 360 mm rad up front like the H150I PRO as i'm doing literally right now. So if you had planned on running 2 fans up top like I did for exhaust, they will not fit as the rad lines get in the way. 1 fan will fit on the top mount towards the rear of the case. However, I found a work around. You can install 2 fans on top of the mounting bracket. Basically they would sit between the glass and the top of the case But.... The top dust filter will not fit back on if you do that. For fun, I placed the top dust filter below the mounting bracket from inside the case and since it's magnetic it does sit there. Not perfectly but it stays. So I may do that or not use the top filter or just use 1 fan mounted normally. I'm not sure yet.

Presumably you are talking about 140mm fans up top vs 120mm. It is tight, but it is possibly to bend the hoses around. The other solution would be to flip the radiator so the hose insertion point is on the bottom. You will then have to navigate the GPU, but that is surely an easier task.

Nothing wrong with what you are doing now and unless you are using the top 2x140 as intake, you probably don't need the dust filter at all. Dust would only be able to enter when the PC is off and any sensible dust particle will gladly attach itself to your glass when given the choice. The dust filter will reduce the airflow volume at any given speed.

I’m talking the 120mm fans. It dosen’t even seem possible. Its the line fittings plus the line that’s getting in the way. I have not found a build where it fits. Now thats a good point to flip the rad and have the lines come from the bottom. I thougt about that but i had not seen anyone do that. I would have to unmount the fans off the bracket and try it. I’m willing to that but im doing a push pull and my gpu is fairly large at 270mm. Its going to be super tight. I figured the same as you, top fans will be exhuast and without the filter it should be ok. Only concern with that is it may look a little odd sticking up above the case/below the glass. Or it may look awesome.

This is what it looks like mounted on top of the bracket betwen the glass and the top of the case. I forgot to mention I attempted the proper mount before i added 3 more fans to the rad for push pull. I did not plan on push pull initially. That was an on the fly decision as I was not sure if it would fit, but i talked to someone was able to fit it with the same size gpu I have.

Pics look bad as the lighting is terrible where I’m working. (Dining room table lol)

CFA478A4-1839-4C6E-A466-2940DB41C8E4.thumb.jpeg.47e928c3a0c7f6506f4020887b31ff5f.jpeg

A8AC1086-893B-4E7E-B5F1-844BA4F410AB.thumb.jpeg.48912a80bf3a37604b07ef6b9c61e80a.jpeg

Ok, I think it’s the push pull 360mm causing the issue, but I am surprised you can’t push the top 120s towards the back. Is it not an open rail? Single screw holes on the front edge?

You might have to make the H150i lines go “out” toward the side door and go around if you flip it. That may or may not be preferable.

*Beat me with the pictures. Can’t quite see the front edge and collision zone. The only side affect of being that close to the glass is it will create some back pressure and reduce maximum airflow. However, you will never need to blast the top fans. Then can do their exhaust duties at a gentle pace.

Edited by c-attack

Even without the push pull it would not fit. I will say that I didn't try and manipulate the cooler lines very much as I don't know how strong they or the fittings are. The top mounting bracket has screw guides, not sure what to call them. I had it as far towards the rear as they could go. They don't freely slide if that's what you mean.

I didn't take any pics with just the 3 fan pull setup showing how it didn't fit with the 2 fans up top. Their is a video of a guy building this case and he could not fit it either. That is where I saw he mounted them above the bracket.

I do have a pic of the rad installed but without the fan bracket up top.

EDIT: Added a pic of the top fan mount. As you can see the fans can't slide back.

236622535_Radpic.jpg.2db733cf47222c1e7968b747ef2f4ac2.jpg

743403954_radpic2.jpg.81965e13c27a35b93e1a298e3b7f62eb.jpg

1294040119_topmountbracket..jpg.8d0a8d91e5c7b21a6667ac4163682f9d.jpg

Edited by Mozambiquehere

I see. With the radiator behind the fans that pushes it back further into the case. When I did this in the 740, I had the fans on the interior and the radiator against the front rail. That appears to make the difference. That top mount "fan rack" is new so I have not worked with it. Can you slide the 120s as far back as possible and the rack? Unfortunately, this kind of re-affirms my opinion the 680/740 is a better 140mm case than 120. You can put a 280mm radiator top, front, or bottom and on 2 of the three for multi-radiator systems.

• 2 weeks later...
Even without the push pull it would not fit. I will say that I didn't try and manipulate the cooler lines very much as I don't know how strong they or the fittings are. The top mounting bracket has screw guides, not sure what to call them. I had it as far towards the rear as they could go. They don't freely slide if that's what you mean.

I didn't take any pics with just the 3 fan pull setup showing how it didn't fit with the 2 fans up top. Their is a video of a guy building this case and he could not fit it either. That is where I saw he mounted them above the bracket.

I do have a pic of the rad installed but without the fan bracket up top.

EDIT: Added a pic of the top fan mount. As you can see the fans can't slide back.

HOLY F! What were the engineers thinking? LMAO I thought the fact of them taking away the 120mm adjustment in the top of the 280X was bad. Here they put in adjustment but misplaced it for not just the 120mm but the 140mm it looks like also. Misplaced it as in you can't move the fans forward or backward even though they are slotted. SMH!

I was debating changing to this case from my Custom powder coated 540 Air but I've had a hangup with trying to get Corsair to give internal front to back measurements so I know if I can use my UT60 in the front considering they increased the internal height over the 540 but shrunk the internal depth (F to B). I currently could plug in the EVGA powerlink but have absolutely no clearance to provide power to them. With them shrinking the space inside in that regard I may not be able to use the UT60 which is a no go.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I'm considering getting this case with a 360 h150i like you but now I'm worried that it will be a tight fit, would you recommend going with a 280mm in the top instead? This is for a core i9 9900k 5ghz build.

In youtube videos you can see the 240mm rad fits nicely on top but I'm also worried that the 280 rad will cause front fan clearance issues?

The 280mm would not since you can slide it down the front rail a few more millimeters to create the top clearance needed. In general, I prefer the 280mm radiators for the 680/740 cases. A 280mm can go top, front, or bottom giving you a lot of flexibility. It also looks proportionally correct on the wider case.

I am still not exactly sure what the difference is with the 680x and a 360mm, but it does merit caution. On the other hand, the difference in coolant temp between a 280 and 360 for a 9900K is going to slim to none, so the general advice that you should pick the radiator that best fits your case still holds. The only theory I have on the 360mm is if you mount he radiator behind the front fans (as you would surely do on a glass case with RGB fans), the extra 30mm push into the interior combined with the larger end cap of the radiator causes the collision. A 280mm would be lower on the front rail.

Thanks for the response, yes if I were to go with anything other than the 360 it would be top mounted since gpu clearance is also tight if you front mount any rad.

Since my build is somewhat white themed I was thinking of going with the only white rad that corsair sells (Corsair Hydro Series, H100i RGB PLATINUM SE 240mm) but they don't make a 280mm white rad, do you think it would be ok to run a 5ghz overclock with just a 240mm or is a 280mm a minimum cooling requirement? (9900k)