Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-13-2019, 09:48 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 997652
DevBiker Reputation: 83

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmybear View Post
(btw also heard that Corsair Link software works fine, maybe can try this...)
Link is EOL and doesn't support the Platinum coolers.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 03-13-2019, 11:06 PM
Glzmo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 997659
Glzmo Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmybear View Post
I turned iCue into manual mode at startup.
If I would like to change settings, I open iCue then close it after setting is done.
Everything works fine including temp, fan speed, RGB light...etc and never heard of USB disconnecting sound till now.
Of course. As long as iCue isn't running, the disconnects don't happen (you can leave the Corsair Service running no sweat and just remove iCue from startup and use it whenever you wish to change some settings).
Then again, there are some things you can't do when iCue isn't running, like Software RGB lighting profiles including linking RGB lighting across multiple corsair devices, etc..

Old 03-15-2019, 02:49 AM
Waukeen's PC Specs

POST ID # = 997782
Waukeen Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
I suspect something similar but I can't really confirm it. It is interesting that we (on the Beta team) had these coolers for a while before release and we didn't see the problem. I didn't start seeing it until I'd had the cooler for several months. I can't say that I can put my finger on what changed before it started either.
While we don't know how often the device polls the system there is still a way to test it somewhat, and that's by shoving stuff in the other direction. Rainbow wave and such cause it to send much more info.

Now the other thing people keep forgetting is that I came here with the same bloody issue but with everything *BUT* the cooler on the system when it started happening. While I can't speak from experience seems to make sense that it's firmware related since people are saying it worked fine before. But this issue is more widespread than just the coolers.

At this point I've pretty much resigned myself to this getting fixed about the time HL3 is released (or at least around the time I get back from the DWII Exp on ED). It's almost comical how no one from the iCue dev team has bothered to come in here and maybe ask for logs to help narrow it down faster. Not saying that would help but sure as he** am sure it wouldn't hurt.

Old 03-15-2019, 08:40 AM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 997802
DevBiker Reputation: 83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waukeen View Post
At this point I've pretty much resigned myself to this getting fixed about the time HL3 is released (or at least around the time I get back from the DWII Exp on ED). It's almost comical how no one from the iCue dev team has bothered to come in here and maybe ask for logs to help narrow it down faster. Not saying that would help but sure as he** am sure it wouldn't hurt.
They actually have logs. Just because you don't see it posted publicly here doesn't mean that it hasn't happened.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 03-15-2019, 09:59 AM
Breezerex's PC Specs

POST ID # = 997810
Breezerex Reputation: 10

Hi guys! Just an update on gingfreeac solution of going bios and change the fan header profile to voltage helps! I 2 whole day did not get any reset on the USB connect and the lighting profile is not stuck or broken. I'm refering to the pump header there a 3 pin cable that can connect to cpu pwm header.

Well time to stop monitoring this thread. Bloody corsair software team please look into this and prevent future product from having this kind of embrassing problem.

Old 03-15-2019, 03:17 PM

POST ID # = 997858
ahasvold Reputation: 10

So what to do? Is it best to return for refund? I have that possibility. And get a H100i Pro? I have a H100i Platinum rocking these problems.

Old 03-15-2019, 07:51 PM
Waukeen's PC Specs

POST ID # = 997883
Waukeen Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
They actually have logs. Just because you don't see it posted publicly here doesn't mean that it hasn't happened.
From who? The same guys who don't realize that its happening across multiple devices (coPro, Hydro)? The people who actually are experiencing it so to get more hardware profiles out there? You? Saying it doesn't make the statement that they have them true because all I have to take is your word. . .And I don't know you.

When has more data on a problem ever been a hindrance to solving the issue at hand?

Old 03-15-2019, 09:32 PM
Tiwtin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 997895
Tiwtin Reputation: 10

I had my H115i Platinum replaced today. So far I haven't had any USB disconnects while running my normal profile with lots of LED variations. Corsair kept wanting me to replace it before, as they thought it may be an issue with the USB cable.

Old 03-16-2019, 12:02 PM

POST ID # = 997950
iLLMATICxKiNG Reputation: 10

Any news on if/when this issue will get fixed? I was planning on buying a H115i Platinum from Microcenter but I ran into this thread and am now deciding against it. Looking at the Kraken x62 or H115i Pro if this issue persists with no word of a fix. Thanks.

Old 03-16-2019, 12:05 PM
momorious's PC Specs

POST ID # = 997951
momorious Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLMATICxKiNG View Post
Any news on if/when this issue will get fixed? I was planning on buying a H115i Platinum from Microcenter but I ran into this thread and am now deciding against it. Looking at the Kraken x62 or H115i Pro if this issue persists with no word of a fix. Thanks.
Don't expect to get any official answer. Corsair is very silent on this issue.
We can be happy if this issue can be solved at all. Definitely not coming in the next few months for sure.

I would suggest to go with the X62 or the Corsair Pro coolers. At this moment nobody should buy the Platinum coolers. Normally corsair have to recall the platinum coolers until this issue is fixed.

Old 03-16-2019, 01:23 PM

POST ID # = 997961

Quote:
Originally Posted by momorious View Post
Don't expect to get any official answer. Corsair is very silent on this issue.
We can be happy if this issue can be solved at all. Definitely not coming in the next few months for sure.

I would suggest to go with the X62 or the Corsair Pro coolers. At this moment nobody should buy the Platinum coolers. Normally corsair have to recall the platinum coolers until this issue is fixed.
Thanks, I'll just go with another cooler. It really sucks that you drop almost $200 on a cooler and have had more headaches with it than it's worth.

It sucks too because my whole case is RGB and these fans were gonna go well with it. If it ever gets fixed in the future, I'll consider getting it but as of now it just sounds like a s***show.

Old 03-16-2019, 03:57 PM
iDroid's PC Specs

POST ID # = 997972
iDroid Reputation: 10
Important

Just wanted to give some feedback so maybe corsair can fix it faster.

My h100i rgb platinum se has similar problem, no disconnect sound from windows but the lighting is messed up if there is any animation going on the aio and/or the ll120s connected to the aio, the lighting will break/restart. It also affects and causes lag/restart to nopro's 2x ll120 and 4x strips. However, by setting the aio to static color my nopro will work fine. I'll try to use another usb cable in a few days if I have time.

Old 03-16-2019, 08:02 PM

POST ID # = 997995

So I just bought the H115i Pro but wish I could have gotten the Platinum :( All other fans in my case are RGB so this would be the icing on the cake.

I'm thinking about returning it and getting the Platinum but wanted to confirm some things.

1. These disconnect issues don't affect the fans/pump right? Like their performance?
2. If I set all lights to static, it won't disconnect? I wouldn't mind setting them all to static until it's resolved.

I'm just worried that it won't ever get resolved or that they'll need to recall them.

Thoughts?

Old 03-16-2019, 08:15 PM

POST ID # = 997998
ahasvold Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLMATICxKiNG View Post
So I just bought the H115i Pro but wish I could have gotten the Platinum :( All other fans in my case are RGB so this would be the icing on the cake.

I'm thinking about returning it and getting the Platinum but wanted to confirm some things.

1. These disconnect issues don't affect the fans/pump right? Like their performance?
2. If I set all lights to static, it won't disconnect? I wouldn't mind setting them all to static until it's resolved.

I'm just worried that it won't ever get resolved or that they'll need to recall them.

Thoughts?
Why not just keep the Pro and buy a pair of ml rgb etc fans?

Old 03-16-2019, 08:25 PM

POST ID # = 998000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahasvold View Post
Why not just keep the Pro and buy a pair of ml rgb etc fans?
The fans retail for $100. I bought the H100i Pro for $130 (haven't hooked it up yet) so spending an additional $100 seems silly when I could just return my Pro and get the Platinum.

If the issue doesn't affect fan/pump performance and is "fixed" when the lights are static, then I'm alright with that until a patch is released. Hopefully. Everything I've researched points to it being a software issue which could be patched.