Corsair Community

MOBO only picks up two of the four cmr32gx4m4c3000c15

jaycpt

So I have been struggling with this for 4 days now I am very close to giving up.

I have the Gigabyte Z370XPSLI mobo, Intel i-7 8700K Processor and the Corsair CMR32GX4M4C3000C15 RAM kit.

POST does not run when:

All four modules are entered

Two modules are entered on dual channel slots (1/3 , 2/4)

POST does run when:

Two modules are in slots 1 and 2

One module is in any slot

I have tried the following:

Enabled XMP

Manually changed the Timings (15, 17, 17, 35) and Voltages (1.35V)

Manually changed the RAM Frequency down to 2666 (as the MOBO manual states this is the max frequency it takes without being O/C)

Updated the BIOS

Tested each RAM Module separately (they all work)

PLease help :(

hey that sound similiar to what i had posted a thread about a couple days ago. try changing the LED settings in the link software to static and see if that does the trick. Mine would freeze with anything more than 3 with pulse effect enabled.

Hi RanchGuy

Thank you for your input. I tried setting the LED settings to static. Still does not run with more than two Ram Modules :(

• Corsair Employee
Hi RanchGuy

Thank you for your input. I tried setting the LED settings to static. Still does not run with more than two Ram Modules :(

Which specific motherboard and bios do you have? Have you reached out to the manufacturer in case they've seen the same issue?

-Art

• Corsair Employee
I have the newest BIOS (F6c) and running Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370XP SLI.

I have reached out, no reply yet :(

Thanks for the info. Not trying to shift the blame, but sounds like problem could be the motherboard itself.

-Art

So I got a response from Gigabyte. The CPU is ranked to handle max RAM with 2666mhz without overclocking. So I went into the BIOS and changed this (As I did before.

This did not allow the PC to POST.

Then I thought I will MANUALLY edit the Voltage of the RAM to 1.35V as stated on the RAM.

Presto, the PC POST with all four Modules in.

HOWEVER, I still only have 16 GB RAM and the BIOS and Intel software only shows two RAM modules in the system.

• Corsair Employee
So I got a response from Gigabyte. The CPU is ranked to handle max RAM with 2666mhz without overclocking. So I went into the BIOS and changed this (As I did before.

This did not allow the PC to POST.

Then I thought I will MANUALLY edit the Voltage of the RAM to 1.35V as stated on the RAM.

Presto, the PC POST with all four Modules in.

HOWEVER, I still only have 16 GB RAM and the BIOS and Intel software only shows two RAM modules in the system.

Did you try 2 separate modules at a time, do they all function correctly when used only in pairs?

-Art

Archived