Corsair Community

Warning: Red Filters for 570X

DeaconFrost

I just wanted to warning some potential buyers about the red dust filters for the 570X. I bought the case over the summer (all black original). Recently, I saw the red version in MicroCenter. The Corsair Parts Store had the top and front filters for sale in red, along with red anodized screws. I purchased all three items, thinking I was going to transform my case into the red version.

The screws and front filter were direct replacements. No issues, installed perfectly and look great. The top filter, however, is not a direct replacement. There is a piece missing on the red model that closes a large gap between the top and side shelf (see attached photo).

Corsair's support issued an RMA, but sent me the original black filter. I opened a ticket and a very helpful support agent looked into the issue. a few days later, I was told that a direct replacement doesn't exist and that I'm SOL.

I don't completely believe this, as I was able to go back to MicroCenter and confirm that their red case does have the proper part. I'm still holding out hope that the situation can be rectified, but I wanted to warn anyone else thinking of buying the red filters. I own a ton of Corsair products, so this outcome was disappointing.

http://sknetworx.com/images/boards/Filter.jpg

• Corsair Employee

Hello!

Sorry about the inconvenience but unfortunately the red top dust filter and the black top dust filter aren't the same as I'm sure you saw.

On the red version of the 570X that black part opposite the I/O panel is detachable and screwed into the chassis, not built into the red top dust filter. The black 570X also doesn't have these holes to screw it in.

Yes, I was able to confirm this with a second trip to MicroCenter. The original black case must be an earlier revision. The black "filler" piece is part of the top filter. On the red case they have for sale, the black "filler" piece is affixed to the frame of the case, not the filter. In my opinion, that denotes two revisions of the case, and it should be noted on the web store that the parts aren't interchangeable from the original black case to the red/white versions.

Archived