Corsair Community

Cosair 500R new case first time builder

brigid21

The front two fans should already be connected. Follow their leads until you find where they are connected. That will show you what the connector looks like that they are attached to. You will find a third one that looks the same but which nothing is attached to. That's the one that the side fan will connect to once you are done with your build and are ready to close up the case. Before doing so, though, you should also find a molex connector dangling about which will need to be connected to your PSU. If you can't find it, simply trace the front fans' connections to their source then trace the remaining wires and you will find the one with the molex connector. I'm sorry; I know you wanted pictures but I'm not up to removing my PC from its resting place and opening it up again. Perhaps someone else can be more helpful. If you search YouTube you will find some 500R reviews that I think will help in conjunction with this reply.

Wow thanks for that info. I put in a tech support ticket just before coming here and reading this. You answered two of my three questions.

My other one was about the 1394 cable coming from the front control panel. I can't seem to figure out where to plug it in at on my ASRock Z77 Pro4 mb. I thought it might go into the Serial Port labeled Com1, but it doesn't match the missing pin spot. Only other place it can go is the USB2.0 header.

Waiting on tech support to answer that one, unless someone can look at my mb and help me figure it out.

http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=Z77%20Pro4

I just looked at the specs and the manual for your motherboard and I don't see any mention of an onboard 1394 header. You may need to get an add-on card if you plan on using that feature of your case.

BTW - look at page 32 of your manual (it's downloadable from the link you just posted) and it lists and diagrams all the onboard headers.

I wish someone would release a computer case with modular front input panels. You can find cases with various combinations of eSATA, FireWire, USB 2.0 & 3.0, and audio ports - but it's always a compromise.

I must say I like the fact that some of AsRock mobo's come with a front USB 3.0 panel with 2 more ports that also serves as a 2.5 drive mount.

Archived