Corsair Community

760T 280mm rad push/pull

gaz4399

Hello, new member here

I have a question which i cannot find an answer for on the forums, so here it goes

I have a 760t and would like to fit a 280mm rad to the front panel with 4x 140mm fans in a push pull configuration. Can this be done by removing the front hard drive cage?

I plan on fitting the H115i which has a 140x312x26mm rad. slighly shorter than the H110i at 140x322x27mm.

It will be tight but ive measured the height of the front clearance to be around 330mm

Any info would be greatly appreciated before i spend some cash:biggrin:

cheers

Welcome! :biggrin:

Yes, you can fit a 280 rad in the front. You're right its a tight fit, but it's doable. Just remove the drive cage to clear that space.

Thanks for the prompt response

May I also ask if you know what the length of the hoses are from the radiator to the pump? Also does the h100i & h115i have the same length hoses?

I would just like to confirm that the hoses will reach before I purchase the cooler.

Regards

Both should be 11 1/2 inches or ~300mm. Are you having coolant temperature issues with your set-up now? I ask because you are unlikely to see any kind of large gain moving from the top the front and push-pull. It could end up being worse depending on your hardware. Do you have a big watt Ti GPU heating up the case?

• 3 months later...
It is possible it might have some benefit. Even with good exhaust flow, the top of the case may have a natural ambient temp of 2-3C more than the lower front. However, that also means the gain may only be 2-3C. Not sure if that is worthwhile, but I would also want to stick a fan on the bottom as supplemental intake. Putting the radiator on the front is going to cut your intake volume by half.

It is possible it might have some benefit. Even with good exhaust flow, the top of the case may have a natural ambient temp of 2-3C more than the lower front. However, that also means the gain may only be 2-3C. Not sure if that is worthwhile, but I would also want to stick a fan on the bottom as supplemental intake. Putting the radiator on the front is going to cut your intake volume by half.

Thanks for the response, currently i have 4x hd140 fans for the intake using push/pull though the 280mm rad at the front. As exhaust i have 2x hd140 fans on the top and 1x hd140 at the back. i want to keep the case positive pressure, so i have been thinking about adding another intake fan at the bottom as ive removed all drive cages since i dont need them. Im pleased to hear you have suggested my thoughts so i feel like its more the right thing to do.

Then i can turn up the RPM on my exhaust fan profiles as currently i have turned them down to try keep the case positive pressure.

thanks a lot:D:

I am fine with that and since you have 4 HD140 on the radiator, you likely run with a bit less bearing noise with them in a vertical plane. I just took my HDs off last week and was surprised how much of the noise spectrum was coming from the inverted 140s on the top radiator.

Archived