Corsair Community

Corsair 6x ml120 rgb +4x led strip question

Ektelion

Do i need the commander pro or i am fine with 2x node pro?

I am currently running 6x fans on 1 node pro, i recently bought 1 pack of expansion led strip since i already had an extra node pro laying around.

Is the commander pro necessary at this point?

No, a Commander Pro (CoPro) is not necessary. Nor is a second Lighting Node Pro (NoPro).

Your 6 fans can run off of one channel on the NoPro and the strips off of the other. You can mix devices (fans/strips) on the same NoPro as long as they are on different channels. With iCue, you can run up to 6 strips off of a single channel.

Adding a CoPro would replace your existing NoPro (it has 2 lighting channels) and then you'd be able to control the fan speed for your 6x fans with the CoPro rather than with your BIOS. The CoPro also provides temperature sensors that you can use to measure the internal case temperature and then use that as the control variable for your fan speeds.

Strips don't go on the Lighting Hub - that's only for the fans.

The strips will be connected directly to the Lighting Channel on your existing Lighting Node Pro - unless you have something on there that you aren't telling us about.

If you look at the diagram that you referenced, that's exactly how it is configured - one channel from the Commander Pro to the RGB Fan Hub and one channel for the strips. The NoPro will be configured the same way - it has 2 RGB Lighting Channels just like the CoPro.

Archived