Corsair Community

iCUE v3.7.99 Patch Notes

Corsair James

• Corsair Employee

Hi Everyone,

We have released iCUE v3.7.99 to the public. Since I didn't have patch notes for 3.6, I will also include them here. Please see below for the patch notes:

Patch Notes for iCUE v3.7.99

•  
  • CPUID SDK has been updated to resolve issues with CPU load and temperature readings for the latest Ryzen CPU(s). We will do another update in the next version of iCUE to prepare for the new Intel Z390 platform
    CPUID update also brought back HDD detection which can be disabled in settings (Windows 8-10 only).

This enhancement unfortunately is only for Windows 10. Windows 7 users will unfortunately still be using the original CPUID SDK - this is due to a digital driver signing issue instituted by Microsoft that is not backwards compatible with Windows 7. We are looking to see how we can implement a workaround but if you are using a new Ryzen CPU on Windows 7, you will not see this fix applied for iCUE. We recommend updating to Windows 10 if possible.

• We are excited and pleased to announce we have added a new mode for Vengeance RGB PRO! Under settings for the device, there is a new option that enables software mode. Once toggled, this opens up the memory for full RGB customization like the rest of our RGB devices. Zone by zone and multi-layer support per DIMM is now available. Please note that these effects can only work with iCUE open. If you do not have iCUE running, it will play the effect you originally selected in hardware mode prior to enabling his new feature. To change your hardware playback lighting, untoggle the box, change the lighting per DIMM, and then re-toggle the box later to activate software mode

• iCUE now officially supports Lenovo Legion Y730 Gaming Laptops, our first third party partner as part of the iCUE ecosystem

• Resolved an issue with the Timer Action

• Resolved an issue with Play Start Sound for Actions

• Resolved an issue with Commander PRO and Lighting Node PRO missing options for Custom Lighting - Wave

• Static Lighting has been added as a Lighting Link effect

• Mousing over points on fan curves will now show the unit of measurement

• Resolved an issue with not being able to arrange iCUE Profile Folders

• Pong has been added back to the list of LL Fan Series' Lighting Effects

• Added a new feature to entirely disable lighting on the H100i V2/GTX

• Resolved a naming issue with Sabre Mice in the Dashboard

• Resolved an issue with Lighting Effect - Visor on K63 Wireless

• Resolved an issue with PSU(s) not showing Efficiency Calculation. Please note that this value still isn't accurate without load on the PSU

• Resolved an issue with iCUE Space and the order sequence of panels

• Resolved an issue with AX1200i OCP settings not being retained after a system reboot

• Resolved an issue with module names for iCUE supported memory

• Resolved an issue with Actions - Text with ....text

• Resolved a rare occurence with iCUE crashing upon enabling OSD

• Resolved an issue with Dashboard incorrectly displaying duplicate names

• Resolved an issue with UI clipping issues

• Improved the window for values with Fixed RPM

• Resolved an issue with Actions not activating after iCUE restarting

• Resolved a text issue with Chinese Language setting

• Importing profiles with Lighting Node Pro and Commander Pro are now interchangeable - i.e., you can use lighting from a Commadner Pro profile with your Lighting Node Pro if the profile was shared

• Resolved an issue with dynamic lighting and firmware updating on H115i/150i PRO Coolers

• Resolved a crash when switching colors of headsets in iCUE Settings

• Resolved an issue with Ryzen not properly detecting Vengeance RGB PRO modules

• Resolved an issue with temperature readouts with Vengeance RGB PRO modules

• Resolved with an issue with opening and closing iCUE prior to editing device configurations

• Resolved a rare issue with Spec Omega RGB LEDs not being selectable in the UI

• Resolved a rare issue with Instant Lighting disappearing from iCUE

• Resolved anb issue with sensor logging generating incorrect characters in the .csv

• Resolved an issue with HW profile upload from device to software

• We disabled Lighting Effects from showing in the iCUE screen when assigning Actions - this will hopefully make it easier to select keys without a major distraction

• Resolved an intermittent crash issue with WIndows 7

• Resolved an issue with being unable to deselect the Harpoon RGB DPI zone

• Resolved an issue with Vengeance RGB and Color Shift

• Resolved an issue with iCUE in its smallest resolution not properly displaying K95 PLATINUM Lighting Effects for the lightbar

• Resolved an issue with Remap Key not triggering the second action for Text

• Resolved an issue with GLAIVE not showng the correct color for DPI color assignments

• Resolved an issue with dynamic lighting playback and memory modules

• Resolved an issue with View Only Selected Effect displaying properly

• Resolved an issue with Revert and Remap Key - Keystrokes

• Resolved an issue with Obsidian 1000D and Instant Lighting

• Resolved an issue with AX1600i displaying the wrong widget

• Resolved an issue with Arc Lighting for LL Series Fans

• Resolved an issue with Opacity and single color (Red) iCUE supported keyboards

• Resolved an issue with Instant Lighting and RGB keyboards

• Due to popular request, we have increased the sidetone value internally for iCUE from 25 to 100 - this will affect all iCUE compatible headsets

• Removed incompatible Lighting Effects for Dark Core

• Improved how Cooling Layers display the trash can to be consistent with other tabs

• Resolved an issue with Lighting Effect - Temperature and name

• Resolved an UI issue with Instant Lighting

• Resolved an issue with Notifications and temperature

• Resolved various other minor bugs and issues

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could've sworn we could have individual colours for the vengeance pro RGB LED's on the previous version?! I cannot see how you can do it now?

Edit: Had to reinstall firmware to the RAM. But, now i've done that, Corsair service is running at a constant 15%

Edit #2: Uninstalled iCue, reinstalled it, same problem. Unchecked "enable full software control" and the CPU usage went down. Rechecked it, it went back up to 15%. That's the issue.

It just get's worse and worse with each release - I can't individually address the LED's on my RAM because corsair service uses a constant 15% CPU.

• Corsair Employee
I could've sworn we could have individual colours for the vengeance pro RGB LED's on the previous version?! I cannot see how you can do it now?

Edit: Had to reinstall firmware to the RAM. But, now i've done that, Corsair service is running at a constant 15%

Edit #2: Uninstalled iCue, reinstalled it, same problem. Unchecked "enable full software control" and the CPU usage went down. Rechecked it, it went back up to 15%. That's the issue.

It just get's worse and worse with each release - I can't individually address the LED's on my RAM because corsair service uses a constant 15% CPU.

It was only 1 layer per DIMM before but now you can have any number of layers per LED per DIMM now. Ill look into the CPU usage but we didn't see this type of spike in our internal testing with the same hardware you have. We are doing ANOTHER update to CPUID in 3.8 though but message me and I'll give you a different release to see if it helps.

• Corsair Employee
Hi Corsair James, are there some news about the default rainbow effect issue?

Its coming soon. We worked on for the past few cycles a way to save hardware lighting like LINK again so users can change the effect to something other than Rainbow. We implemented it for a new unreleased product and now will retroactively apply it to Commander Pro and Lighting Node Pro.

Does this mean that iCue will no longer corrupt the SPD on the Vengeance RGB PRO modules? If so what can we do if the previous iCue rendered the lighting on said RAM inoperable?

iCUE has never corrupted the SPD. I don't understand where you got this from.

• Corsair Employee
The last two versions I have noticed that the RM750 PSU fan is running. I set the cooling mode from custom curve which had an increasing curve from 0 to 60c to the fixed % setting but I still hear noise from the PSU.

You can keep the fan off until 40C. After the PSU hits 40C, itll automatically come up.

iCUE has never corrupted the SPD.

That is false.

I have now owned two kits of Vengeance PRO RAM. Both arrived with the default Rainbow Wave animation. When I attempted to change that to -anything- else, the lights would turn on random colors and the iCue software (as well as CPUZ) no longer detect the memory modules.

After MUCH research, I found out that this issue is very common with Vengeance PRO and Trident Z sticks of memory. Something about Ryzen causes the SPD to get corrupted. The only solution, as of late, is to use Taiphoon Burner and re-flash the SPD back onto the RAM. Problem is, that software costs $16. The RAM was expensive as it was and I am not paying any more to "fix" this.

[ame]

[/ame]

[ame]

[/ame]

Its coming soon. We worked on for the past few cycles a way to save hardware lighting like LINK again so users can change the effect to something other than Rainbow. We implemented it for a new unreleased product and now will retroactively apply it to Commander Pro and Lighting Node Pro.

Hey mate,

This is extremely good to hear, thanks for filling us in. I know comments from previous Corsair staff have indicated that they don't really see this as a bug, but it's definitely a feature many of us desperately want implemented. So thanks for working towards getting it implemented :)

I'm having all kinds of trouble with the wireless void rgb now. Pressing anything on the headset is incredibly delayed. For example, if I go to adjust the volume, it wont adjust until about 5-10s later. Same goes for muting/unmuting. Also, if I try to adjust the volume via Windows 10 (volume slider/volume mixer) while the void is the playback device, it will hang and usually cause iCue to crash. Not so if I'm just using speakers. Also iCue occasionally closes in the background randomly. I generally catch it because I'll try to use the m65 pro's back button in the browser and nothing will happen. Outside of the void and m65 pro, I also have the strafe rgb, h100i v2, rgb polaris, vengeance rgb pro, and rm750i controlled in iCue.

Update: Pending Windows update seems to have fixed it. No issues now.

Archived