Corsair Community

Help! CUE Will Not Open At All!

BendiStraws

Same issue here. Just started happening today with CUE 1.

I noticed this week two windows updates. Tried running in compatibility mode, admi, etc etc.

Was working completely fine yesterday.

Would use Cue2 but it does not have the same functionality for interrupting macros with macros.

• Corsair Employee
Yes, the video drivers on the GeForce Experience are all up to date however, I don't see how that affects CUE from opening.

Ive seen issues like this related to bad video drivers (since CUE uses some degree of GPU processing).

Can I get a log of this problem as well?

Follow these steps:

1. run C:\Windows\SysWOW64\taskmgr.exe (or bring it up with CTRL+SHIFT+ESC).

2. run CUE

3. don't close the error

4. find CUE.exe in the task manager

5. right button click on it -> Create Dump File

• 5 months later...

Can I ask if there has been any fix found for this problem as I have had the same error occurring for the last few weeks. It used to work but all of a sudden I tried opening it from the task-bar one day and it crashes with this error. I went back to version 1.16.42, which works fine for me, but every version 2.x I have tried since does the same thing (including the latest 2.12.66).

It starts on startup but as soon as I try to bring to foreground, it crashes. Same if I open from start menu.

I have a clean install of the latest Nvidia Graphics drivers(381.65), however it was also doing it on previous ones. Running win 7 64bit

Any help would be much appreciated.

Application Error,Faulting application name: CUE.exe,Faulting module name: Qt5Gui.dll

I think that all these issues may be related:

First, make sure your video drivers are up to date.

Second, make sure your USB drivers are up-to-date.

Firmware update can fail if you're using Microsoft default drivers for Asmedia USB 3.0 ports. Install the actual Asmedia drivers for the 3.0 (ASUS' support page) or connect the devices to the top two USB 2.0 ports (native) and you shouldn't have any problems.

Thirdly, make sure you are using the latest CUE version.

Fourthly, ensure you have no environment variable QT_PLUGIN_PATH defined.

our devs will change the code and ignore the environment variable in case this issue occurs again in the next update. This way if other software uses Qt and have parameters like this, we will ensure ours is not affected.

Finally, contact Corsair James via private message.

Follow these steps:

2. run CUE
  3. don't close the error

Contacting him via private message may help.

I have a new version coming out. PM me and I'll distribute it for beta testing.

As a temporary workaround, open task manager, go to the startup tab and right click CUE in the list of startup programs.

Go to properties -> compatibility, then check the box to run as administrator, then apply.

That should make CUE startup with admin privileges when you login to Windows.

I found a few of those threads by searching QT5GUI.dll using the forum search (also how I found this one) but none of them really seemed to be resolved.

I have tried your first three steps and none of them worked unfortunately. The forth one I am a bit confused with. I am not a developer so I don't know where the environment variable QT_PLUGIN_PATH is defined. Some file, I don't know.

Anyway, I have PM'd James and will wait to see what he says. Sounds like he might have a lead thanks to Moufle, we'll see.

Thank you for all the links and help though Comet. :biggrin:

Microsoft documents User Environment Variables

To add or modify environment variables, the user selects System from the Control Panel, then selects the Environment tab. The user can also add or modify environment variables at a command prompt using the set command. Environment variables created with the set command apply only to the command window in which they are set, and to its child processes. For more information, type set /? at a command prompt.

• 4 weeks later...
Ive seen issues like this related to bad video drivers (since CUE uses some degree of GPU processing).

Follow these steps:

2. run CUE

3. don't close the error

I have attached the CUE logs found when CUE opens up to just a black screen.

The dump file exceeds the 5MB upload size for ZIP files on this forum. I created a 23-part multivolume archive, and renamed the files to .ZIP extension. Please see my final post in this series to get instructions on recovering the .DMP file from these attachments.

logs.zip

CUE.001.zip

CUE.002.zip

CUE.003.zip

CUE.004.zip

CUE.005.zip

CUE.006.zip

CUE.007.zip

CUE.008.zip

CUE.009.zip

There are more parts to the multivolume compressed ZIP archive of the dump file than can be attached to a single forum post. See the next post for directions on how to recover the original dump file.

CUE.010.zip

CUE.011.zip

CUE.012.zip

CUE.013.zip

CUE.014.zip

CUE.015.zip

CUE.016.zip

CUE.017.zip

CUE.018.zip

CUE.019.zip

Follow these steps:

2. run CUE

3. don't close the error

I needed to rename the files (e.g. CUE.ZIP.001 to CUE.001.ZIP) in order to attach the parts of the ZIP file. I used 7-zip open-source freeware. To reconstitute your dump file, you could download the 23 parts, naming each part as indicated below, and then using 7-zip to open the first file. Then you will be able to extract the 395,767,244 byte CUE.dmp.

1. CUE.zip.001
  2. CUE.zip.002
  3. CUE.zip.003
  4. CUE.zip.004
  5. CUE.zip.005
  6. CUE.zip.006
  7. CUE.zip.007
  8. CUE.zip.008
  9. CUE.zip.009
  10. CUE.zip.010
  11. CUE.zip.011
  12. CUE.zip.012