Corsair Community

Am I missing something? (literally)

dystryr

I recently bought a full setup, got myself a commander pro a 3 set of LL120 fans + lighting node pro and then two sets of the RGB Led kit.

The LED Kit specifies that its only for use with the lighting node pro, but the LNP uses 3 pin connectors, and the RBG Kit uses 4.

If I hookup the LEDs to the fan hub, they do nothing but remain a static red color.

What am I missing? figuratively and/or literally?

Hi bud...

Have you download Corsair Link and added the fans/strips into link via the + button?

Have a read of the below thread

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

maybe you missed something... please don't ask questions there though.. come back to this thread :)

Welcome aboard

Hi there, thanks for the response.

Yes, I have corsair Link, and my 3 fans work fine but I cant do anything with my LED strips.

Right now, i've just got my 3 fans on my fan hub ports 1, 2 & 3 and i've got my LED strips on port 4 (mostly just so they are actually on)

I'm very confused. the LED's connectors dont fit anywhere but the fan controller, so I'm wondering if im missing a cable or something? the LED strips are 4 pin male/female, and the LNP is a 3 pin connector.

EDIT: Also I guess I'm not very clear on the LNP, is it supposed to show up on Corsair Link as its own item? Right now I just see my Commander pro, and the H115i i've got.

OK

first.... you have LED strips plugged into the RGB Fan LED Hub??

If so....

Number 10. in the Url I sent you in My first post ;)..

10. Pro Strips will NOT work in the Corsair RGB Fan LED Hub and will result in a damaged Pro Strip should you attempt this.

I really do recommend you go have a read of it buddy..

click the link ----------------------> http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

OK

first.... you have LED strips plugged into the RGB Fan LED Hub??

If so....

Number 10. in the Url I sent you in My first post ;)..

10. Pro Strips will NOT work in the Corsair RGB Fan LED Hub and will result in a damaged Pro Strip should you attempt this.

I really do recommend you go have a read of it buddy..

click the link ----------------------> http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

So provided I didnt break them, where do they get plugged into?

one of the led channels on the Commander Pro or Lighting Node Pro

XSDWsne.png

Sorry apparently i'm just really clueless. The cables I have for my LED strips do not fit in the LED channel ports for either the LNP or the Commander Pro.

Do you have any pictures or anything I can reference for a real-life setup?

Are these yours?

http://www.corsair.com/~/media/corsair/product%20photos/link/corsair-link-rgb-kit/large/corsairlink_led_kit_01.png

Yes, these are them. Bought them right off of Corsair's site here

Edit: I just realized that page does not in-fact, say pro.

There we go. apologies everyone, this is clearly why I was so confused. any way I can salvage this situation?

There we go. apologies everyone, this is clearly why I was so confused. any way I can salvage this situation?

Contact support and see if they will let you return them would be my advice...

They are for the older Commander Mini and Link Lighting Node.

as stated on that page dude

Compatibility

Corsair Commander Mini

Corsair Link Lighting Node

They are for the older Commander Mini and Link Lighting Node.

as stated on that page dude

Compatibility

Corsair Commander Mini

Dangit. Alright I'll give that a try. thank you so much for the help, this was driving me insane!

SO, before I mess this up again... id be looking for this right?

They are for the older Commander Mini and Lighting Node..

To be fair.. Corsair should move those from the Corsair Link Hardware section of the store to the Corsair Link Spares and Accessories section to avoid this sort of confusion

Going into this I didnt realize there was different versions of the lighting node. (although i guess the name "pro" sort of implies that).

Oh well, live and learn.

yeah the Devil is in the Detail lol.. but I see how easy this could happen given an older not compatible product is in amongst a newer range.

Worth contacting support dude.

yeah the Devil is in the Detail lol.. but I see how easy this could happen given an older not compatible product is in amongst a newer range.

Worth contacting support dude.

Contacting them right now. thanks again for walking me through this.

They are for the older Commander Mini and Lighting Node..

To be fair.. Corsair should move those from the Corsair Link Hardware section of the store to the Corsair Link Spares and Accessories section to avoid this sort of confusion

I can see how it would be confusing to new buyers, I know I was the first time I was looking at the section. Corsair should also say NOT compatible with the Commander Pro.

it does state compatibility duder

Compatibility

Corsair Commander Mini

Yes, but if new to Corsair stuff and you see Commander this, Commander that, Commander some other thing, most people would think it must all be compatible. The fact that the OP had to come here to the forum to find out, must mean something.

Yes, but if new to Corsair stuff and you see Commander this, Commander that, Commander some other thing, most people would think it must all be compatible. The fact that the OP had to come here to the forum to find out, must mean something.

I agree dude and stated so above...

but in answer to you saying about compatibility..

Corsair should also say NOT compatible with the Commander Pro.

It does state compatibility on the product page....

The issue here is that it is on the wrong store page.... should be in spares and accessories rather than the current Link Hardware section......

• Corsair Employee

I agree, I will have that sku moved to the C Link accessory section.

Archived