Corsair Community

AX1600i sold out?

jincuteguy

Newegg has some in stock for about 20 minutes last night. I got the email at 8pm EST and they were gone by 8:25....thanks to the idiot crytocurrency miners for jacking up prices and buying up every 1000watt + PSU out there.

It's likely they didn't have any in stock. I have several PSUs set up to auto notify and have received 6 emails since just before Christmas. I've alwyas orderd within ~5min of the email hitting my inbox and every single order has been cancelled within 24hrs. The last cancellation I spoke with a support agent who connected me to a higher tier and was told it's likely a bug that hits the system when a return is processed as they didn't see any record of receiving new stock on any model I ran through him. I've actually received more than those 6 but I've been ignoring them for a little over a week.

It's getting annoying. Anything above 1200w doesn't seem to exist. The fact Amazon has removed themselves as sellers on the majority of Corsair's and EVGA's top models is worrisome. Normally you can just click on "New and Used from Other Sellers", choose Amazon's link even if sold out and it'll auto ship when they restock. That tells me they may have so many presold they can't accept anymore orders.

I really dislike you Teshreve!

GPU availability is what everyone is talking about but from my experience finding 1200w+ PSUs are much harder. I've been serching since before Christmas and haven't had any success with Corsair's AX or EVGA's T2/P2 lines. Sure you can find them 3rd party on Amazon, Newegg and heavily marked up on Ebay but there's no way I'm buying a PSU without a warranty.

I was watching CES videos on youtube a week ago. I think it was OC3D or something. And he showed these. OK, found the video: [ame]

[/ame]

He showed them before anyone. Went to corsair.com before the video even ended and ordered 2. It pays to be a youtube junky :D

Another sweet thing about these AX1600i units is that they are the same size as my HX1000's and HX750. I am a true Corsair fan. It's silly how much Corsair stuff I own.

Another thing I like about this power supply is that it comes with 6 single plug cables. When running 1080 ti at max overclock for long periods, the dual plug cables get really warm, if not just hot. This means voltage drop and wasted powah. I don't like using those double plug cables for this reason. And it's ugly as heck to have a plug dangling out there.

i'm saying if the cable that you buy a part are compatible with this new one psu

From what I understand (on a previous thread), it uses Type 4/Gen 3. So if you get Type 4/Gen 3 Corsair cables, they will be compatible.

If you get, for example, Thermaltake cables, it may start a fire.

You really need to be more specific in what you are asking.

Finally snagged one, it'll be here Tuesday! woooo! Ordered custom CableMod Pro cables to go with it :)

Not to be an *** but you do realize you could have ordered a superior product from Lutr0 or ensourced for 1/3 the price? I made the CableMod mistake once and was quite disappointed when they arrived just marginally better than the Corsair branded sleeved set they were replacing. When I heard they were adding a Pro option an increasing their already premium price I could only hope people wouldn't take the bait.

Not to be an *** but you do realize you could have ordered a superior product from Lutr0 or ensourced for 1/3 the price? I made the CableMod mistake once and was quite disappointed when they arrived just marginally better than the Corsair branded sleeved set they were replacing. When I heard they were adding a Pro option an increasing their already premium price I could only hope people wouldn't take the bait.

Thanks for the tips, I had a 20% off coupon in the box of my Rampage VI Extreme so I used that. I've never used CableMod so I'll wait and see what the quality is like. I went for the full Pro option as well - aluminum cable combs and all.

If they are crap I'll look at getting something from one of the other vendors you mentioned.

• 2 weeks later...

So i just placed an order for the 1600i since it just got in stock now.

But i got an email from corsair right after saying that my Order is on Hold for Verification.

So does that mean the item (AX1600i psu) is no longer available for me once I do the verification in the morning? or will it be on hold for me once I do the Verification for my Order?

Archived