Corsair Community

GPU fans not working?

rschissler

On my Gigabyte GeForce 1050 Ti, the fans are not working. This is a new build, and I'm embarrassed to say I don't know if they weren't working from the start, which was a couple weeks ago.

I just noticed it in Commander Link, which has only been running for a couple days. Link recognizes it but the rpms are zero. I verified it by looking at the fans and they are not spinning.

I checked device manager and I don't see anything amiss. My monitor is connected to the card, and everything else seems fine, so I'm not sure what the deal is. Any ideas?

By default, you likely have some minimum temperature trigger on the GPU fans. Different manufacturers have varying names for this, but most have the "zero fan" tech in place. Usually when you hit 60C (or something), they kick on. This is handy for desktop work and keeps things quiet. My recommendation is you disable, lower the threshold, or use a custom fan curve for gaming or other sustained GPU load. Letting the card soak up the heat and then slamming on the fans to try and slow it down is nowhere near as effective as keeping a low spin from the start.

Very doubtful Link can control your GPU fans. You would be better off using MSI Afterburner or EVGA Precision X or whatever else you use for altering GPU clocks. Of the two, most people favor Afterburner and since you don't have an EVGA card, I see no reason to fight with Precision X.

Very doubtful Link can control your GPU fans. You would be better off using MSI Afterburner or EVGA Precision X or whatever else you use for altering GPU clocks. Of the two, most people favor Afterburner and since you don't have an EVGA card, I see no reason to fight with Precision X.

Use Afterburner. Precision XOC has been causing all kinds of issues with Link lately.

Also, Gigabyte may have a specific tool to do the task.

I did install the Gigabyte software for controlling the fans, etc. When trying to set a minimum rpm at say 400rpm, it seems to do it by bouncing back and forth from 0 to 400. Not a big deal I guess, I may just go back to the default setting, which is 0rpms until 60 degrees C, then kicks into high gear. Apparently, they must think that is OK.

• 3 years later...

please i need a help ... my fans stopped for no reason it was working fine for like 2 years and now it stopped the RGB LED working fine but the CPU fans not working .. all others fans working only cpu fans not working .

please i need fast help before i lose my cpu

thanks