Corsair Community

New Windows 8.1 USB Implementation Not Compatible with Corsair USB Drivers

Sysagent

Hi,

My system is a i5 Ivy Bridge running on a 77 Chipset motherboard (Gigabyte Z77-D3H), I have the H80i (firmware 1.07) cooler and the AX760i power supply unit, I have upgraded to Windows 8.1 (I am a MSDN subscriber) this week and now the H80i cooler does not appear in the latest RC build of Corsair Link.

The AX760i power supply is visible, but the H80i is not.

When disconnecting the CorsairLink USB Dongle from the system and then unplugging and reconnecting the H80i USB header the H80i is visible and operates as normal, when replugging the PSU USB dongle in it the H80i remains, but...

On a restarting the PC with both devices connected the H80i device then disappears from the CorsairLink application, but the PSU is still present, the behaviour can be consistently repeated.

What appears to be the issue is that the USB driver for the cooler seems to have an incompatibility under the Windows 8.1 USB implementation with the AX760i CorsairLink USB dongle.

I assume a new driver or update for the cooler in some form is necessary?

I am very conscious that the cooler is not visible in the system and I have no idea what cooling profile it uses without having form of CorsairLink profile setting it.

Many thanks in advance of replies.

> I assume a new driver or update for the cooler in some form is necessary?

I have the same problem with the AX860i, H100i and Windows 8.1 Pro and yes something is required. The LED on my h100i just went from light yellow to red and I have no idea why but I know the cpu is a cool 30C, the pump is pumping at 2319 rpm and I can see the fans turning.

I hope there will be a fix by October 18th.

Had to carry out the following:-

"Go into the registry and look for HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C04. For each port/path string you see under this (numbers and ampersands smushed together), open the "Device Parameters" and change the FOUR DWORD settings to 0 (AllowIdleIrpInD3, DeviceSelectiveSuspended, EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled, SelectiveSuspendEnabled). Reboot."

Many thanks to Thatualle1970!

Archived