Corsair Community

corsair crystal 570x case

burl2639

I think everybody has a problem with dust, sooner or later. Once you see it building up, get a vacuum hose with a brush attachment (I use a small shopvac) and get the big items. Then with a paintbrush in one hand, brush off the smaller items to your other hand that is holding the vacuum end. Finally, use those compressed air cans for the tiny stuff and revacuum.

Of course, before starting, unplug the power supply and touch metal to rid yourself of static electricity.

I have this case.. you just cant stop the dust., You can minimise it though.. make sure You have more air coming in than going out.. excess can escape around the edges of the glass.,. and as long as the air coming in is through the filters You are minimising the dust intake..

if You have more air going out than in then it will suck air in from the gaps around the edges of the glass and any other hole it can fine which is unfiltered.. Positive Pressure vs Negative Pressure

[ame]

[/ame]

the three front going in the top and back going out.

It's not just fan count but also fan speeds.

More air in than out helps keep the dust at bay. Period. Too much air going in and not enough going out will also give you problems with flow - cool air won't necessarily be able to overcome too much pressure. You can also wind up with dead zones that get little or no flow. It's a fine balance and one that take some experimentation to fully optimize.

the three front going in the top and back going out.

I would change the top two to intake for a start.. think about it,,,, it's filtered up there.. as is the front.. use them all as intake,, use the rear as exhaust.. as I said before. It's open around the edges of the glass.. air will escape there as well as be expelled by the rear exhaust fan. This works for me very well...

• 2 weeks later...
I have this case and with the amount of opening around the case, I was concerned about dust entry. I created an extremely positive airflow and have had very little dust in the case. Although I do have to clean the filters a lot. I put 3 120mm fans on top all positive, and a push/pull 140mm radiator on the front, positive also. Both the front and top have filters which do a pretty good job at keeping out dust. Although with the design of this case, I did mount a 120mm fan on the back to pull air out. But I don't think I needed to. This setup has worked really well for me. I feel like this is a great way to have good airflow in the case along with dust free case. Plus I cannot imagine getting any pressure with this case, there just is too many openings.

Archived