Corsair Community

R60 Problem

dav123

Ever since I bought my Corsair SSD, I have been experiencing problems that were pretty minor but now they have taken a turn for the worse. Just recently, many important files have started to become corrupt. Firstly, my ATI drivers corrupted and then windows areo stopped working.

Is there something wrong with my drive if these corruptions keep on happening or should I expect this to happen since I have seen so many threads about how unreliable this drive is?

• Corsair Employee

What is the make and model of the system and or MB and the system configuration and what O.S. are you using?

Are you using AHCI Mode for the HDD controller and what driver version is installed for the MB S-Ata Controller?

Well, my motherboard is the Asus m2n68-vm and I am using windows 7 64-bit.

I also have AHCI enabled on the motherboard and using the msahci driver which I believe is the standard one which comes with windows 7.

• Corsair Employee

When you loaded the Nvidia Drivers did you un-select the IDE driver?

I would try and secure erase the drive with parted magic and try a fresh install unless you have an image of a clean install. But if that continues to be a problem we can replace the drive.

• Corsair Employee
Just run the Nvidia Chipset update the same version you used when you setup your system and when you go through the install it will give you choices for the on board options like SM Buss, AUDIO, Chipset and IDE. if IDE is selected un-select it then it will un-install the Nvidia driver.

• Corsair Employee

Then you may not have the latest drivers for the MB for the O.S. you are using.

Just read back through your thread the drives in Windows 7 should be upto date you did run Windows update right?

Windows 7 64-bit.

Whenever I try to install the correct drivers, it only has the Away Mode driver available to install and none of the other drivers you have listed in one of previous posts is available.

• Corsair Employee
I would try and secure erase the drive and then with it installed as a second HDD run Bart Drive burn in for 24 Hours and see if it passes if not then replace it if it passes then try and erase it again and a fresh install.

• 5 months later...

My question is while Windows is installed on my F60 SSD, AHCI mode in BIOS for SATA, Sata drivers are installed, CAN I install the IDE drivers, i have 2 old drives with some information on it so i can use safely my IDE hard drives.

Will installing the IDE drivers couse some problems with my SSD ???

Archived