Corsair Community

My strange experiences thus far with iCue

BigTuna117

My adventure began when I decided to pick up a Corsair Crystal RGB 570x and and H100i V2 for my Ryzen build last year. I was so impressed with the control Link gave me that I also picked up a Corsair Commander Pro to control the fans, and RGB. Then, iCue came out and I decided to give it a try.

The first issue I came across (still an issue on "modern" iCue versions) is that iCUE INSISTS on opening on my Vizio TV (set up as a 4k secondary Monitor). Although this is mounted directly above my primary display and is perfectly legible, it breaks the program to try and drag it down into the 1080p display.

The Second issue I came across is actually with the Commander Pro. Apparently the USB header ports do not work on ASUS/ Ryzen systems. I've seen several forum posts about this one and I know this is a common issue. I wont rant too much about this one.

The real shenanigans begin just a few short weeks ago, when I decided to replace my aging, decade-plus-old Logitech peripherals with a Corsair Strafe RGB and Dark Core RGB SE. I also rehabbed an ASUS GTX 1080Ti TURBO (Blower card) with a G12 bracket and an H80i V2 (yes, this works PERFECTLY with the G12 bracket despite the lack of official support listing from NZXT.

The long and short of it is, iCUE flipped out after adding these three devices and has been giving me shenanigans since.

I get the "No devices detected!" on every boot. iCue has to be stopped and restarted every time the computer reboots to get it to see anything.

The Strafe RGB and Dark Core RGB SE (and its MM1000 counterpart) all work perfectly. iCUE seems OK with these and wont have any further issues with them once they are detected.

But... the H100i V2 and H80i V2 are a different story. Since my Motherboard only has 2 USB 2.0 headers, and the Commander PRO's 2 header ports are still inoperable, I invested in a COMeap splitter to run the two coolers off of. The issue I have is simple. iCue CONSTANTLY duplicates or triplicates the coolers. I certainly do not have two or three of the duo in my system, haha

Even stranger still, each duplicate shows different temperatures and pump speeds than it's counterparts. I'm beginning to wonder id this is an issue with the splitter, but I will be moving one of the cooler's over to one of the other "lanes" on the splitter.

I've tried a couple of things to resolve the issues. I deleted the Corsair HID driver & reboot, which will generally solve the "no devices detected!" issue for 1 reboot. Once the system is turned off and back on, it will return to it's old, stubborn ways. I've also tried uninstalling iCue, reinstalling, and Uninstalling/reinstalling on a different drive.

Looking for any suggestions anyone may have. I'll come back and update this after I move one of the coolers to a different "lane" on the splitter and post if there is any change.

EDIT: Moving to different "lanes" of the splitter doesn't change the issue. I'm still showing 2 H80i V2s and H100i V2s (4 coolers total). Curious.

Ok, so (at least for the moment) appear to have fixed the ("No Devices Detected!") Issue. It all had to do somehow with how ASUS AI suite handles the USB ports. I was able to reinstall AI Suite to resolve the issue. I am cusious about this, as I wonder if this is what is causing the cooler tomfoolery. I'm still showing 2 of each cooler.

EDIT 20 mins later: I discovered that AI Suite in it's infinite wisdom was trying to control the fan curve of motherboard fans. I previously set this to full speed, as the only things attached to the motherboard are the H100i V2 and H80i V2. The "ghost" coolers have gone away, for now. Will report back if they return.

Archived