Corsair Community

Corsair SP2500 Subwoofer problem !!

Sbelleymv

Hi !! My Corsair SP2500 Subwoofer suddenly stop working. The remote is ok and the satellites sound very good but, the subwoofer seems to be dead.

I have checked all the cables and connections, unplug and plug again and again. Try it on another pc, ect ect....and nothing, no sound from the subwoofer.

Any idea ?? Should i ask for a RMA ??

I have bought this system from NCIX in august 2012

I am from Quebec, Canada.

Thank you.

Stephane

Hi !! My Corsair SP2500 Subwoofer suddenly stop working. The remote is ok and the satellites sound very good but, the subwoofer seems to be dead.

I have checked all the cables and connections car parts, unplug and plug again and again. Try it on another pc, ect ect....and nothing, no sound from the subwoofer.

Any idea ?? Should i ask for a RMA ??

I have bought this system from NCIX in august 2012

I am from Quebec, Canada.

Thank you.

Stephane

Strange problem. You need to check the power circuit. Current is not properly supplied to woofers

Ok thank you.

For now, Case number 5762565 is cancelled and case number 5757232 is active. Confirm please.

Next question. I have my original box of the sp2500, should i return all the stuff, remote, cables, satellites and subwoofer or only return the subwoofer ??

Stephane

• 1 year later...

Hello !

I reply to this post because I have the same problem with my subwoofer (and the sound delivered by the speaker is so weak that i've to put the level at almost the maximum) since it made a strange sound when i turnen on my computer.

Valentin

• 10 months later...
So, after weeks of research into this particular set of speakers, pros vs cons, i finally bought a set yesterday. traveled back home about 200 miles later, unpack and bang! loose screws rolling around in the sub box. tilt it back and fourth, bang bang bang, sub is loose... SOOOOOO unhappy with this product at the moment, should receive my replacement in a week from now as i only travel through once a week. In south Africa this costs about us$300, so its also much more expensive here, but then again so is everything! anyway, to spend this much on something of such cheap build quality? or was I really truly just so unlucky to get the broken one from the supplier? I fail to see how it cant withstand vibrations of 200 miles asphalt if its a Subwoofer... then what would happen if i turned it on max for an hour?? RAMGUY, any advice? Being who I am, i'd have opened it up and glues the sub to the enclosure, but then there goes the warranty... So,,,,,, sad is the word i'm looking for.

• 1 month later...

Hi, sorry to 'revive' this post but i got the same issue than the autor.

I was playing and listening music and then suddenly the subwoofer stopped working, i tried to unplug and plus too, reboot the PC etc but nothing work.

English is not my native language so i don't know what is 'RMA' so if u can tell me what to do... thank you

• 3 months later...

Thank you for helping.

I know it has been a long time ago now but I need you to confirm my RMA i just did.

( Can't live without my subwoofer anymore )

I'm from Belgium and the store where i bought it about one year ago still sell it (online) so I guess i'm okay for the RMA right?

Thank you again

If you bought it last year, the warranty has not expired yet (Two years from purchase date),request an RMA and see if Corsair can help you.

If you have already created a ticket, make sure you upload a picture of your invoice as proof of purchase.

If you have not received a response after 2-3 business days (US Time zone), you can call customer service using Skype by calling their toll-free number asking for an update or create a thread here with your ticket number;

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/forumdisplay.php?f=146

More info. on Corsair's warranty can be found here;

http://www.corsair.com/support/warranty

Archived