Corsair Community

I solved the K95 RGB keyboard freezing problem.

georgecee

• Corsair Employee
Is this still a known issue? I am experiencing the freezing since three weeks ago with my K95 RGB Platinum. The thing is driving me insane now as no USB where I plug the keyboard seems to work around. It simply freezes, lights on, and I have to disconnect and connect back few times before it's detected again.

There are a couple thing you can try, first would be make sure all your USB and chipset drivers are updated to the latest from the motherboard manufacturer's website. Next, perform all Windows updates. If you're using Windows 10 and still have issues, try performing the steps in the article below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4091240/usb-devices-may-stop-working-after-installing-the-february-13-2018-upd

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I have same issue with K95 Platinum it freeze after 1-2 hours of use.

I did everything to fix this issue even I did upgrade windows to pro version and still :)

anyway I fix it by uninstall iCube, it shows iCube keep installing more HID.

I lost profile but its fine to me.

for 2 days now it works fine. I will keep updating if i got the issue.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Well, I completely change my system a few months ago and still I'm getting the same freezing issue. Got a new motherboard (ASUS ROG Strix Z390), new processor (i7 8700k), new PSU (Corsair RM750i), new everything and got the freezing after two weeks of using k95 platinum in my new system.

It's pity. I even just bought a Dual-Port USB 3.1 Card - 10Gbps per port - 2x USB-A - PCIe from StarTech (updated drivers, chipset, bios, everything) and got the freezing just couple minutes ago when I was gaming.

At this point I really regret having bought this keyboard a year go. In other system there's a Strage RGB MK.2 keyboard that has never had this issue, perhaps that's the actual high end keboard that should be adverted instead of this total trash k95 that only allows you to sink your money.