Corsair Community

New 120GB Force GT with reading speeds below 400MB

tpGT

Hello everyone!

I've just received a new SSD-F120GBGT-BK today and after a fresh install of windows 7 with a few optimization for the new SSD, I was surprise to see results on HDTune with a MAX transfer rate of 387MB and an average of 298MB, which is way below the advertised MAX speed of 555MB/s. Is this normal or can it be improved?

I've the new SDD connected to a SATA3 6GB intel port on a P8P67 PRO, with the latest BIOS.

Thanks in advance for looking into it!

HDTune_Benchmark_Corsair_Force_GT.png.cbf92fb9e3ae4db6b2f09a49e0605817.png

one thing that i have noticed as far as the speeds is when you do updates and/or drivers, if you run the test afterwards, the scores will be lower. someone correct if i am wrong. i would suggest not doing updates or driver installs for a couple days, shut down comp, start it and then run the ATTO test before doing anything else. There is also an update for ATTO for version 2.47. http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Benchmarks/ATTO-Disk-Benchmark.shtml the above post is for version 2.46. i am running a 90 GB force gt and get about 450 MB/s write and 400 MB/s reading but i heard that it is due to AMD not being able to utilize the sata III speeds fully yet.

Archived