Corsair Community

Lighting Node Pro not detected in iCue after PSU off

Und3adShr3d

Hi all,

I recently purchased 3x LL140 RGB fans with the lighting node pro and fan hub. As soon as I got everything installed I came across issues. Upon fist install everything was working fine and I could see the LNP in iCue and set profiles ect so I **** everything down, killed power to the PSU and put the case back together again.

When I powered the PC back up the lights on the fans were dead and iCue couldn't detect the LNP. I checked all the cables were working and connected correctly and couldn't find a solution. I then realised that when I disconnected the SATA cables from the LNP whilst the PC was on and restarted this resolved the issue temporarily. The issue is only caused when I kill all power to the machine.

So far I've tried the following:

*Updating iCue (Link Removed)

*Using a different USB2 header

*Using a standard powered USB cable rather than the supplied header cable

*Reflashing the firmware on the LNP

*Disabling fast boot (Windows & BIOS)

*Disabling XHCI Handoff (BIOS)

*Checked all other BIOS Settings that may change USB behaviour

*Restarting the iCue service

*Disconnected all non-essential USB devices

*Driver and BIOS updated to latest

*Plugged LNP and fan hub into different SATA (Direct from PSU)

My PC specs are as follows:

Intel Core i7 5820K

Asus X99-A

Samsung Evo 500GB SSD

Crucial 32GB DDR4

Asus Strix RTX 2080 OC

Crucial RM750 PSU

Corsair H100i CPU Cooler

Any help on this would be much appreciated as it's frustrating having to open the case every time I want to get the fans working. I'm starting to think it's just easier to return the kit though from what I've read about the issues people are having with Asus boards and these LL140 fans.

Many thanks!

Hi bud...

Not sure what your issue is and it's the first time i have seen this one in particular.. does it have a direct Sata power connection or are you using any converters?

Edit.. saw that you are not.. dang..

Yeah I'm using direct power with SATA from the PSU and I have tried using a standard USB port instead of the supplied cable.

There are quite a few posts on these forums with people having the same issues and the only common link I can find is that they're all using Asus boards.

Archived