Corsair Community

VOID PRO sidetone bug

Dahnark

The new version still has the sidetone bug (when you mute/unmute the microphone, sometimes the sidetone is disabled, so you have to go to the CUE and move the slider a little to reenable it).

It is pretty annoying... How many months I have to use the CUE version 2.16?

Can you add an option to prevent the sidetone from ever being deactivated? I would have sidetone enable 100% time, even when the microphone is muted.

Edited by Dahnark

Hello:

I apologize your stuck on CUE 2.16 because of the side tone bug, one of our beta members actually brought it up a bit ago and the dev's were taking a look at it, I don't have a solution or a time frame unfortunately, but for what it's worth it is a noted issue and it is being addressed.

• 2 weeks later...
I am having a similar issue.

The only workaround I've found is to hold the mic mute button until the sidetone returns. It's better in game than having to pull up the CUE

Thanks for the tip. Before this, I would be raising and lowering the boom mic until the sidetone came back. This is pretty stupid considering we all spent $70+ on this headset.

This might be a stupid question but are you holding the button in when you mute the mic? A single press should mute / un-mute the mic however you can use the same button to disable and enable the side-tone by holding the button down.

It is a known bug...

• 2 weeks later...

I've been having this problem too. Sometimes I'll mute the mic and even find that the sidetone is still on.

Just means if I'm listening to music with a fan on and the mic is up, I'll hear the fan noise coming through :|

With the iCue software in dashboard mode, you can get to the sidetone options pretty quick and turn it up/down through there....

• 4 weeks later...
Version 3.3.103, the bug is still there..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I would also be in favor of an option in CUE to have the sidetone always on regardless of the microphone's mute status.

With the isolating effect of the ear-cups on the latest model of the Void headsets, it is very difficult to hear someone talking to you in person without completely removing the headphones (ie. someone walks into the and asks you a question). Having the ability to mute the microphone but retain the sidetone/monitor mix, which would allow some outside noise into the headphones, would be very, very nice.

Beyond that, it would potentially provide a simpler solution to the very annoying side tone bug that we are all experiencing.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I appreciate the boost to the Sidetone volume in iCue 3.7.99, but just want to make sure it's known that the mute/unmute/sidetone interaction is still not working correctly. I share in the frustration of the others in this thread that this has been an officially acknowledged issue for a significant amount of time yet it doesn't seem to receive any attention in the software updates.

• 3 weeks later...