Corsair Community

H100i Push/Pull with Obsidian 750D

fiby

Good Afternoon all,

I've currently got an Obsidian 750D and looking to install a H100i with a push/pull formation.

Currently I have;

x2 intake fans blowing in from the front.

x1 fan exhaust blowing out from the back.

GTX 770 with 3 fans.

PSU intake bottom, exhaust back.

i7 4770.

I have bought the following;

x1 H100i

x2 SP120 Fan

x2 AF120 Fan

1. Which way should the air be blowing?

2. Which ever direction you recommend/suggest which way does that translate when installing the fan?

fiby

I'm pretty sure that is what wytnyt was referring to, and your first example would be the preferred.

Also please note that you mention "2X SP120 Fan" in your first post. Be aware of the fact that the SP120 Fans listed on this page

http://www.corsair.com/us/cpu-cooling-kits/air-series-fans.html

are not the same as the SP120L fan used on the H100i which is listed on this page

http://www.corsair.com/us/parts/cooling-parts/hydro-series-h80i-h100i-sp120l-2700-rpm-replacement-fan.html

The air flow through both the inner and outer fans should match, so I would suggest adding two of the SP120L fans to obtain push pull.

RodeoGeorge

From what I can tell, the only difference between the fans is the lack of the rubber screw stabilizers, color rings, and higher RPM compared to the SP120 fans. I just got this case yesterday and have my H100i doing P/P exhaust with the SP120's at the bottom and the SP120L's at the top. In Corsair Link, I have all of the fans set to "Balanced" and the RPMs are pretty much the same. CFM and static pressure should match close, if not perfectly when the RPMs match.

Thanks to everyone who has commented.

From what I can tell, the only difference between the fans is the lack of the rubber screw stabilizers, color rings, and higher RPM compared to the SP120 fans. I just got this case yesterday and have my H100i doing P/P exhaust with the SP120's at the bottom and the SP120L's at the top. In Corsair Link, I have all of the fans set to "Balanced" and the RPMs are pretty much the same. CFM and static pressure should match close, if not perfectly when the RPMs match.

Nitemare3219, I think I will do what you have done and send back the AF120's and use the stock fans SP120L and SP120 as to your configuration.

As a side note as you have the 750D and looks like you have modded the case well, isit possible to have two fans at the bottom with the hdd cages within the same location?

The only thing I will point out is that my SP120L's seem to have a higher max RPM (2100~ vs 2500~). Not that I would suggest running at max speed as it is loud, but just a thought...

Are you asking if you can have the fans mounted as well as the HDD cages? I'm fairly certain that is a no, unless you secured the cages using another method. However, do note that it is possible to mount the cages directly below the 5.25" drive bays (so it is essentially hanging off this bay). The HDD cage will slide right onto it, and you can slide the second cage right below that.

The only thing I will point out is that my SP120L's seem to have a higher max RPM (2100~ vs 2500~). Not that I would suggest running at max speed as it is loud, but just a thought...

Are you asking if you can have the fans mounted as well as the HDD cages? I'm fairly certain that is a no, unless you secured the cages using another method. However, do note that it is possible to mount the cages directly below the 5.25" drive bays (so it is essentially hanging off this bay). The HDD cage will slide right onto it, and you can slide the second cage right below that.

Your last option has answered my question, thanks for your help!

Archived