Corsair Community

H115i Platinum RGB with TR4

astrocramp

I just purchased the H115i Platinum and am installing in a Gigabyte Designaire X399 Motherboard and a Threadripper 2950. I think this cooling block is incompatible with Threadripper, or at least with quad channel RAM, unless I'm doing something wrong.

I'm using the included Threadripper bracket, which slots into the pump and attaches to the standoffs on the mobo. Thanks for nothing here Corsair, there was zero instructions for TR4 socket, nothing even online, and nothing with the new style slot bracket. The standoffs weren't even labelled as TR4, I used process of elimination and figured it out.

Anyway, with the bracket installed at 0 and 180 degree positions, the hose lines are tight enough to the pump where you can still slot RAM in. However, on the other side of the pump, there is a right angle USB that doesn't have the clearance to install RAM. I've tried to rotate the bracket 90 degrees so I can reorient the pump relative to the RAM, but they don't seem to fit that way and don't slot in far enough for the proper motherboard mounting spacing for the holes. The bracket in position 0 and 180 degree orientation fits properly, but in the 90 and 270 positions the bracket doesn't slot in all the way on the pump.

I guess either (a) I need a new, tighter, right angle USB cable for the pump; (b) the bracket can be rotated but for some reason mine is too tight and I just need to really force it, or © I need a different type of bracket that allows 90 degree rotation.

Any advice here?

A) is the correct answer. I had to find one for my TR4 with 8 sticks of RAM. You'll want a low profile connector.

Thank you - any links to a good low profile USB cable? Most of what I've seen online look similar to the current cable.

I used this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EBGGXS2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 - though I don't recall if it was the "Up Angle" or the "Down Angle" version (I got both). I also used a USB-A to internal USB adapter to plug it into my CoPro. It's still a tight fit - right up against the RAM - but it works. You'll need to put the cable in first, then the RAM.

y4mxxBNIJOxbz_5fvnOampQlErRCFuijPttCYe2ec5uKJeWnV_aIzjf8UYclS3HX8ClETqRODbW4XBaxjceMgTFMcPtv-58IclLAGLbws0A58kB-705xITFCER_r6of7_DJ-qWQkNhb-8ObTGjAQLerbtU0hzlSPq50OGWvBJAYZgnnr9_fBlA7TmjR9mqngb4CZ7INnXUH3UIxpPpxwGmllQ?width=321&height=660&cropmode=none

Archived