Corsair Community

With the new motherboard no more ram is detected either from Corsair Link or from I-C

theotorm

Hi everyone, I changed the motherboard (I switched from Maximus X Formula to Maximus XI Extreme) I formatted and reinstalled windows and instead of installing corsair link I decided to put the ICUE software. I have the Vengeance Led 4k RED 32gb (8x4) ram model. With the previous motherboard corsair link showed me and detected the ram installed and allowed me to change the speed of the games of light of the ram. After putting this new motherboard in I-CUE in Corsair link it detects more RAM, I can't see it between devices. Can I have a hand to understand the problem? thanks a lot to everyone.

Have you gone into the BIOS to enable SPD-Write?

Hello and thanks for the quick reply. No I didn't enable anything in the bios ... with the old motherboards and using corsair link it was never necessary to enable anything to make the software detect ram. Now I have a maximus XI extreme and already at the beginning I had to update the bios to the latest version to let the system read 32gb of ram ... otherwise it worked only with 2 banks (16gb). What is SPD-Write? I never heard of it.

It may have been on by default in the previous.

It's a memory setting that's typically available on Intel BIOSes. It'll be hiding somewhere in the memory configuration. Make sure that you enable XMP as well.

Hi ... I have enabled SPD Write and set XMP. As soon as I restarted it immediately saw the RAM with ICUE ... the problem is that as soon as I reboot the next time I can't find it anymore. I put the bios back in stock and found them again ... as soon as I restarted the PC it lost them again ... If I set XMP again it finds them .... reboot and it doesn't find them .... what can I do? thank you so much. I have the version of ICUE 3.12.118

Archived