Corsair Community

Obsidian 500D RGB SE - Shipped with Wrong Fans?

llGhostDogll

Just received new 500D RGB SE from Amazon. Some parts were missing and it looks like it was a return that Amazon resold as new. The case is supposed to come with 3 LL120 RGB fans however I noticed that the number on the backside label (below the amperage values) for these fans does not match the LL120 RGB part numbers. The numbers I have are 31-004802RWF0022. I suspect that whoever had this case first swapped out the LLs for cheaper fans and then returned the case for a refund.

Can someone please verify the part number for the 3 front fans that are supposed to come with this case? The case is being replaced by Amazon and I’d like to inform them of this additional issue with the case. I don’t want anyone thinking that I made the swap.

Thanks in advance.

LL fans have 4 LEDs in the center hub and 12 LEDs in the outer ring of the fan. The only other Corsair fan that is similar to this is the HD fan but the HD fan has a clear outer casing where the LL does not. This is a link to Corsair's LL fan :

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Fans/ml-config/p/CO-9050071-WW

If the fans that came with your case do not look like this, they are not LL fans.

The case should have also come with a Commander Pro.

As jcniest5 said, return it.

Archived