Corsair Community

One Wish, CPU temp indicator

Andyh1909

As much as I like Corsair Link/CUE software, despite the fiddling it sometimes takes to get it working properly after a first install, I do wish they would make one change.

Allow me to set the CPU cooler block Logo LED on their AIO's to respond to CPU temp as well as fluid temp. Don't even need fan control, just RGB LED control. I have 16 temp sensor options for the fans (cores, motherboard etc) but only that one for the AIO.

My GPU has discrete LEDs to show Temps, using the Corsair logo would be a lot more discrete than having to do what I do now and dedicate a fan to temp mode.

And apologies if this has been raised somewhere else, I couldn't find anything similar via search.

You can already do this, so I am guessing you mean you want the pump to change color based on coolant temp and CPU Temp simultaneously. I don't know whether it is possible or not, but it isn't really necessary. CPU temp is additive to coolant temp, so if one is high, so is the other. We rarely talk in terms of maximum coolant temp, but most everyone has a CPU temp they consider too high. It would be more practical and likely more useful to set the pump the CPU temp only or use the "alarm" function in iCUE to turn the whole system red at 80C or whatever you consider the fall back line. You can set the temp gradient and use multiple alarms, so that might be another way to set fail safes for coolant and CPU temp.

nope, just using the corsair logo LED as a CPU temp indicator.

Going into Hydro series V2, Lighting options, I can enable temp warning. If there is an option to set this to another sensor apart from the one monitoring Fluid temp I can't find it. Going into lighting setup for fans I have that drop down menu where I can select the relevant sensor including CPU package.

During Prime 95 stress testing my fluid temp can be maxed out at 34c or 37c depending on ambient etc. My CPU temp can be bouncing from high 60's to low 80's, depending on where it is in the test, so it would be useful to me to have a quick indication of CPU temps at various times without having to set fan LEDs to do this.

If you could point me to how to read and use the CPU temp for logo colour it would be helpful.

What cooler do you have? Go to the cooler device in iCUE, select it, Lighting Effects, then "+". In the left column of predefined effects, the bottom one should be "temperature". Once selected, you have a ton of source choices. Somewhere in there is your package temp and of course coolant temp should be the default. You can set the gradient from there.

Within each capable device (cooler, LNP, C-PRO), you can set a notification to trigger at XX condition. One of the many consequences is to force either fan or cooler color change.

Maybe you can be a little more explicit about what RGB hardware you are using.

Using a Hydro 100V2 and 5 ML fans, it's not a consequence of the hardware, it's a software option within CUE. There is no option under lighting effects on the Hydro 100 to set the warning indicator to the CPU temp. You don't get that + option on the AIO settings. It was never an option on LINK and it's the same on CUE. If you look at any youtube review of Corsair AIO's with RGB they will all tell you the same thing, you can't connect the AIO logo to CPU temp.

If I set a notification then whenever that warning condition is met you have to physically clear the notification, so that's not a method I want to use.

Hmm... maybe it has been too long and I have forgotten. There are multiple lighting control variable choices on the PRO series coolers, so this is already in the software. That would suggest the limitation may be on the hardware end. Presumably you do have the coolant temp color change option and this can be made to function in a similar way. You should have a relatively fixed max CPU temp to coolant temp delta when under a constant 100% load. (e.g., AIDA64 100% causes 30C coolant/65C CPU, 32C/67. 40/75, etc). That difference will be maintained and once you know it, you can set a coolant max level that will result in your CPU max temp level.

There are numerous other ways to monitor or set warnings for this stuff, so I suppose this was more of an 'I want' rather than looking for solutions. You will need some other H100i v2 owners or Corsair to comment on that.

Archived