Corsair Community

I need some assistance on the 21 Days

I purchased all new components last month. I sat down last night to fill out all the rebate forms and I have a bit of a problem. I missed the 21 day deadline on the Corsair Rebates.

I called customer service in Fremont and they were not much help.

I purchased 3 Corsair products for my new PC from Newegg:

16 GB of Ram

Carbide 500R Case ($15 Visa Rebate) - Invoice Date 2/13/2012

HX750 Power Supply ($20 Visa Rebate) - Invoice Date 2/12/2012

I'm 3 and 4 days over the 21 days. Is there anything I can do to get my rebate cards?

• 3 weeks later...

OK, I called customer service again. She pointed me to > http://www.corsairrebates.com

I searched for the two Corsair Products that had rebates from Newegg. They listed 2 rebates that were for the correct product and the same time frame. However, they were not exactly the same amount. One rebate was $10 (instead of $20) and the second was also $10 (instead of $15).

I submitted the completed forms and I just received the email that they were "Approved". I'll post a followup when I have the actual check/card.

Overall I'm about 80% happy with this solution. I still think 21 days is too short. It took a week for the parts to arrive and another week for the final piece to build my new PC. That only leaves me with a week to make sure I am happy with everything before I cut out the UPC and make it impossible to return the product.

The wording on the CorsairRebate rebates is also a little odd. They list a very specific "Postmark By" date, but then they have the 21 day language in the 'fine print'.

This is a quote off the site's rebate form. It did lose some of the formatting when I pasted it:

Product: CC-9011012-WW (500R BK)

Promotion: Corsair Rebates at Select Retailers

Valid Purchase Dates: 03-01-2012 through 03-31-2012

Postmarked By: 04-21-2012

Rebate Reward: $10.00 Prepaid Debit Card

Required Product: CC-9011012-WW (500R BK)

Please attach the following information to the mailable form on Step 4:

Original UPC

Store Receipt

Promotion Details

Visa Prepaid Card: This mail-in rebate offer is valid only with purchases between March 1, 2012 and March 31, 2012 on CORSAIR REBATES by an end user customer at Select Retailers. Canadian residents will receive their rebate in the form of a check instead of a Visa prepaid card. Eligible Participants: To qualify for this card, end user must be 18 years of age or older. Only the actual purchaser of the qualifying product may participate. End user must keep copies of all materials sent. Materials received become the property of Corsair and will not be returned. Please allow 10-12 weeks for receipt of card. Corsair is not responsible for lost, late or misdirected mail. Use of multiple addresses to obtain multiple Visa prepaid card requests is fraudulent and could result in federal prosecution under the U.S. and Canadian Mail Fraud statutes. PO Boxes are not accepted for this promotion. To check status, log onto http://www.corsairrebates.com or call 1-855-238-7042. Restrictions: Limit one card per qualifying purchase per unique product. Limit one card per product line per household. Maximum card value $60.00 per submission per household. Visa prepaid card issued in U.S. currency. Valid while supplies last for purchases made in the United States and Canada. Promotion is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Submissions must be postmarked within 21 days of purchase date to qualify. Submissions mailed in after 21 days of purchase date will be denied. Not valid with any other offer. Disclaimer: Corsair products may not be returned for refund once the card form has been submitted. Failure to submit any of the requested documentation will delay or prevent the card issuance. Corsair also reserves the right to interpret the rules of this promotion at its sole discretion and all decisions made by Corsair are final. Corsair is not responsible for any liabilities, taxes or expenses incurred by end user as a result of this promotion. The Visa prepaid card is not redeemable for cash or usable at any ATM. Terms and Conditions apply to the card. Subject to applicable law, a monthly maintenance fee of $3 (USD) applies, but is waived for the first six months after the card is issued. Your card is issued by MetaBank™ pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. Cards can be used at any merchants that accept Visa debit cards. Corsair Memory reserves the right to substitute a check of equal value in lieu of a Visa prepaid card at its discretion.

• Corsair Employee
I am sorry but this is made for those who plan to purchase the product; it does not take into consideration those who want to purchase something to try before you buy. But I will pass on your comments to our Sales Manager is about all I can do.

I'm not talking about buying a new monitor and returning it 29 days later.

I'm talking about a new case, where you might need to make sure the giant CPU cooler will fit without hitting the fan on the side door.

Or someone who purchases a new HX750 power supply and doesn't realize that it is HUGE and won't fit into the older cases.

Or someone who didn't make SURE they have the exact ram model for their specific motherboard/CPU.

• Corsair Employee
I do understand but most of these questions can be answered by doing a little research. However I do agree with you sometimes its hard to know for sure without trying it to see. And I will pass this on to the sales manager.

You (assuming you are the same Ram Guy) helped me with a memory problem back in 2004. We ended up doing a RMA to replace my 19 month old memory modules. The updated modules worked fine in the old PC and it lasted me until this year.

Customer service like that is one of the main reasons I used Corsair products in my new build.

I personally hate Mail in Rebates and I hope some day they go away. I don't know how many people have an issue with the 21-days, but Corsair is hurting themselves to some extent every time someone feels ripped off by the Rebate system. Just look around Newegg, this product alone has 6 reviews that are bad because of the Rebates:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139012&Tpk=N82E16817139012

I'm happy with my new case, power supply and memory. I can live with the rebate solution.

Thanks

• Corsair Employee
Well I have been the Ram Guy since 2002 so it is entirely possible, but yes I agree I would like to not deal with rebates as well. However they are a part of doing business today and there is no way around it I am told. But I am sure if you speak with our customer service they will do there best to help you with that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived