Corsair Community

K70 RGB - how to change default while the computer sleeps

-c3-

I love this keyboard and am am in the process of figuring it all out. The question I have for all you experts is, how do i change the default setting in the keyboard hardware?

When my computer goes to sleep the keyboard still has power and defaults to the all red except for the white WASD and arrows. I would love to have the keyboard gently "breathing" but cannot figure out how to modify this.

Thanks for the help.

Note for Corsair and Mods:

It would be great if the RGB products had their own subform to make finding, searching and sharing easier. i am sure this forum will get very active very quickly as more and more people get their hands on this amazing keyboard.

If you put your computer to sleep, the RGB K70 should go into a "demo" mode (rainbow lighting). This is built-in to the hardware and is not adjustable.

I recently posted to the Corsair FB page about this exact "demo" mode. When my PC is shut down (not put to sleep) the keyboard remains completely illuminated with the previously used profile, yet the backlight adjust button does not allow me to turn the lights off. If I unplug the keyboard and plug it back in, the "demo" mode begins, which is even more irritating when trying to sleep :/

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love this keyboard (I upgraded from the K90 I've had running flawlessly for about 2 years), yet I don't really like the idea that I have to unplug my keyboard each time I turn my PC off... is there any work around to this that I might not know about?

Archived