Corsair Community

AX Series Line

AMDbigboy

I think but I am not sure in AX1200 is Yate Loon, In AX850 is Sanyo Denki.

I love single rail Gold PSU and CORSAIR and Seasonic is best on the world and my favorite.

Better than ******** for me. He live on old glory.

But little things in GOLD series are on CORSAIR side vs Seasonic.

CORSAIR AX is black, black better cables, 7 year warranty vs Seasonic X 5 year. That is very important period over 5 year.

On AX you can sleeve cables with mdpc-x or you can buy another set of cables and sleeve them.

With Seasonic you lose warranty and if you damage cable you are in problem.

CORSAIR think on little things better than Seasonic. Seasonic make excellent PSU and that's it.

CORSAIR think on look, design and cables and funcionality better service and better Warranty.

Both AX an X series Sanyo Denki inside except AX1200 I don't know why, maybe size of the fan.

Fan in AX650/AX750/AX850 is excellent.

Best fan if you count all PSU on the world. Almost fanless but when spin impression is excellent. Cold and Silent.

750W is my level.

I think but I am not sure in AX1200 is Yate Loon, In AX850 is Sanyo Denki.

I love single rail Gold PSU and CORSAIR and Seasonic is best on the world and my favorite.

Better than ******** for me. He live on old glory.

But little things in GOLD series are on CORSAIR side vs Seasonic.

CORSAIR AX is black, black better cables, 7 year warranty vs Seasonic X 5 year. That is very important period over 5 year.

On AX you can sleeve cables with mdpc-x or you can buy another set of cables and sleeve them.

With Seasonic you lose warranty and if you damage cable you are in problem.

CORSAIR think on little things better than Seasonic. Seasonic make excellent PSU and that's it.

CORSAIR think on look, design and cables and funcionality better service and better Warranty.

Both AX an X series Sanyo Denki inside except AX1200 I don't know why, maybe size of the fan.

Fan in AX650/AX750/AX850 is excellent.

Best fan if you count all PSU on the world. Almost fanless but when spin impression is excellent. Cold and Silent.

750W is my level.

So what Wlada011 is saying can be summarized as:

Just because manufacturer X actually builds a certain model of power supply, doesn't mean that the Corsair model is identical to the manufacturer's own model. Corsair is obviously doing some amount of original design work, and the manufacturer is obviously agreeing to build Corsair-branded products to Corsair's own specs.

So we're seeing that Corsair's "value add" is that they identify a high-quality manufacturer and then add their own design improvements to the manufacturer's stock products. And that's pretty cool and that's why I'm a loyal Corsair customer.

These days, so many high-tech products and companies are made by companies you never heard of, but we all buy the products we do based on their brands and their features.

x509

• Corsair Employee

AMDbigboy,

I think the other posters are genuinely trying to help but with out the knowledge and background what they have said is just speculation. No offense guy's but the fact is Flextronics is a well established manufacturer and have been manufacturing products for OEM's for many years. In fact it is very likely that many of the products you have used may have been solely or partially manufactured by Flextronics.

From Wikipedia about Flextronics:

Flextronics International Ltd. (simply known as Flextronics or Flex) is a Singaporean electronics manufacturing services provider that offers services to original equipment manufacturers (OEM). It also provides supporting supply chain services, including packaging and transportation throughout the world, as well as design and after-sales. Flextronics in 2011 was ranked, according to CircuitsAssembly.com, [1] as the second global Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS) by revenue.

The company offers manufacturing and design services within several markets including automotive, computing, consumer, industrial, infrastructure, medical and mobile. In addition, the company operates five branded business units — Multek, a provider of multi-layer printed and flexible circuit boards, interconnect technologies and complex displays; Vista Point Technologies (VPT), which offers camera modules for use in consumer devices and mobile phones; Global Services, which focuses on logistics, reverse logistics and repair operations; FlexPower, a provider of semi-custom and custom power supplies and battery chargers; and Retail Technical Services, a field services organization for customer operations.

Flextronics has manufacturing operations in over 30 countries, totaling approximately 27.2 million square feet (as of March 2009).

The AX Series PSU's are designed by our staff and manufactured to our specifications so who actually manufactures the units for us is of little consequence.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived