Corsair Community

Commander Pro not recognizing rgb hub

St0o81

Hi, I have 2 hd140 and 3 hd120 fans plugged into the included rgb hub/splitter. The problem is that commander pro does not recognise the hub, it was set to led strip by default, I can add fans manually but only the first one works.

I have tried 2 hubs and it is the same result.

All fans work when plugged into the first port of the rgb hub one at a time.

Can you show us how you have the fans configured in the Link software?

Hi, thanks for your reply. As I said I have to add the fans manually, only the 1st one in the hub shows up. All fans are powered and recognised, but the rgb/led is not.

Should a hub show up in the list as 'rgb hub' or would 5 fans be there by default?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/20gk7e83fscgvy7/Untitled.jpg?dl=0

It is expected that you add the fans manually in Link. But they should all light up.

Questions: have you rearranged the order of the fans on the hub? It could be that one fan is bad; they are like Christmas lights ... if one is bad, the rest downstream don't work.

And you're sure that you added them to 1-2-3-4-5?

It is expected that you add the fans manually in Link. But they should all light up.

Questions: have you rearranged the order of the fans on the hub? It could be that one fan is bad; they are like Christmas lights ... if one is bad, the rest downstream don't work.

And you're sure that you added them to 1-2-3-4-5?

All fans work when plugged into the 1st port of the hub on their own and only in the 1st port. While messing about and swapping an unpowered fan into the first port the fan in port 2 came on??

more weirdness, I have a 4th hd120, was messing about and plugged it into the rgb header on the motherboard, now it only has one green led, but..... the one green led comes on when plugged into any of the six ports. have I damaged the 4th 120?

more weirdness, I have a 4th hd120, was messing about and plugged it into the rgb header on the motherboard, now it only has one green led, but..... the one green led comes on when plugged into any of the six ports. have I damaged the 4th 120?

Yeah, I think that's likely. There may be the same number of pins but it's not likely that the wiring is actually the same.

And why did you plug a non-RGB fan into the RGB hub? It doesn't control or power fans, only the LEDs.

Yeah, I think that's likely. There may be the same number of pins but it's not likely that the wiring is actually the same.

And why did you plug a non-RGB fan into the RGB hub? It doesn't control or power fans, only the LEDs.

I was just plugging the led part into the hub?

I was just plugging the led part into the hub?

I hope so. The HD RGBs have two connectors. One is a standard, 4 pin PWM fan connector. This goes on to any 4 pin PWM fan controller - your motherboard, Commander Pro, another fan hub ... whatever. You also have a separate cable for the RGB control ... this goes to the RGB Fan Hub.

Looking back, I may have mis-read your statement about "swapping an unpowered fan into the first port the fan in port 2 came on??".

So ... you said that they all come on when plugged in to the first slot. Do any of them come on when plugged in to slot #2? Have you tried rotating the different fans through the different ports? I'm trying to see if we can determine if it's the RGB Fan controller that's shot or one of the fans (though I'm leaning towards it being the RGB Fan Controller right now).

With the HD RGB Fans, you should also have a push-button controller. Have you tried plugging that in instead of the C-Pro?

Finally, are you connecting either the Commander Pro or the Fan Controller to a molex-to-sata adapter? Or are they all straight SATA adapters from the power supply?

I hope so. The HD RGBs have two connectors. One is a standard, 4 pin PWM fan connector. This goes on to any 4 pin PWM fan controller - your motherboard, Commander Pro, another fan hub ... whatever. You also have a separate cable for the RGB control ... this goes to the RGB Fan Hub.

Looking back, I may have mis-read your statement about "swapping an unpowered fan into the first port the fan in port 2 came on??".

So ... you said that they all come on when plugged in to the first slot. Do any of them come on when plugged in to slot #2? Have you tried rotating the different fans through the different ports? I'm trying to see if we can determine if it's the RGB Fan controller that's shot or one of the fans (though I'm leaning towards it being the RGB Fan Controller right now).

With the HD RGB Fans, you should also have a push-button controller. Have you tried plugging that in instead of the C-Pro?

Finally, are you connecting either the Commander Pro or the Fan Controller to a molex-to-sata adapter? Or are they all straight SATA adapters from the power supply?

I have

3 hd120 on the front

2 hd140 on the top

I also have a rear hd120 not hooked up yet, the one I was Messing about with.

All connected to the commander pro.

The commander pro is connected to a usb hub, but has been connected directly to the motherboard.

The fans rgb are connected to the included rgb hub. Which is connect to the commander pro led port.

I have tried 3 different hubs all with the same result.

Which is only the 1st fan lights up.

Each fan works when plugged into the 1st port.

The push button controller gives the same result.

The fan which I was messing about with, I plugged into port one of the rgb hub, without it spinning. Some how the second fan came on.

I also messed about with the sixth fan directly onto the mobo, which caused it to only illuminate 1 green led.

However, this ‘broken’ fan lights up in this state in all 6 ports.

In link the led was showing as an led strip, I changed and added 5 hd fans, i only have control over number 1.

Bit long winded, but wanted to cover everything.

Think I’m going to rma them all.

Archived