Corsair Community

white sides wearing off

ShionS

I have owned this keyboard for about 4 months now and recently I have realised the the white painting on the sides are wearing off. :(:

20160726_165127.thumb.jpg.afdc84524b8c7b063bda442602378d50.jpg

I do not remember myself causing this wear but maybe something like my door keys scratched it or something :L

I want to know if anyone else has had this issue and please let me know if you did.

This wear is bothering me so much and if anyone has any ideas or concealing this, it will be helpful :biggrin:

Thanks.

Nope I have had my keyboard for ~3 months and don't have this problem.

You definitely scratched it, it even looks like scratch marks.

Maybe you can try to paint it, beware though you probably won't find the matching paint.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

this white paint come off VERY EASY , it is like tippex applied on the plastic , very cheap .

can can take all paint off , so it will be just black , you can even use fingernail to take it off lol.

btw my keycaps black paint also come off easy , after a lot of typing paint come off and exposed white plastic of caps , shame ... and gaming rubber caps also all rubber come off. and this is for almost a year of use .

only a MX keys are good , rest terrible quality .

• 4 months later...
Though the paint isn't the greatest, I've had mine for over a year and only see the tiniest of scuff on the right side's paint. I think it's more about how you use and place things around your keyboard. Also, I use the wrist support thing that came with it that shields it a little bit. Even cleaning it once a week the sides haven't begun to wear.

Archived