Corsair Community

RGB Buttons Flicker on occasion?

midget4567

Hi i just got my first corsair product and i decided to get the corsair strafe RGB from recommendation from a friend. I'm really excited about it and i'm loving the light customization. I've noticed from the beginning of playing with the lights on rare occasion a seemingly random key will flicker off and then back on, or sometimes a random color that isn't involved on the key. It only occurs for a split second when it goes off/on but it concerns me. Is my product defective? I've ready online that it might be a firmware issue since its in beta? I notice this happening maybe once or twice every 20-30 minutes. Looking for any and all help because I am LOVING this keyboard otherwise and would really like it to be perfect.

Thanks for any and all help

My firmware is 2.20.72, I wasn't actually sure if that was a beta version or not, I downloaded it off the corsair website.

Just like MrThreat said above, there is no flicker issue on any static color. When using rainbow waves is when i see the occasional flicker.

Is this a firmware issue? Loving this keyboard so much btw i really don't want it to be a problem with it.

Thanks

Edit:

Here is a profile i am noticing the flickering on, for example. It is a very small profile with a soft rainbow gradient and a soft rainbow wave, as well as one on-key ripple layer.

https://ufile.io/ye8zs

Edit#2:

I'm starting to think it might be happening only when the CUE software is open & being tinkered with or was recently tinkered with. Will keep looking for more signs.

My firmware is 2.20.72, I wasn't actually sure if that was a beta version or not, I downloaded it off the corsair website.

Just like MrThreat said above, there is no flicker issue on any static color. When using rainbow waves is when i see the occasional flicker.

Is this a firmware issue? Loving this keyboard so much btw i really don't want it to be a problem with it.

Thanks

Edit:

Here is a profile i am noticing the flickering on, for example. It is a very small profile with a soft rainbow gradient and a soft rainbow wave, as well as one on-key ripple layer.

https://ufile.io/ye8zs

Edit#2:

I'm starting to think it might be happening only when the CUE software is open & being tinkered with or was recently tinkered with. Will keep looking for more signs.

Keep me informed I am curious to know if the flickering can go away.

It not on the same keys its random, but it appears to depend on the rainbow wave or rainbow gradient. Static is no issue.

To be honest I haven't seen it happen in a while and coincidentally haven't toyed with the software in a while. I think its correlated and i'm probably speaking too soon but i hope i never see it again lol

It not on the same keys its random, but it appears to depend on the rainbow wave or rainbow gradient. Static is no issue.

To be honest I haven't seen it happen in a while and coincidentally haven't toyed with the software in a while. I think its correlated and i'm probably speaking too soon but i hope i never see it again lol

same for me, haven't put a rainbow effect on the keyboard so I would not know if its a temporary issue like midget4567 said.

Hey MrThreat,

It sounds like we have the exact same problem. I am using soft rainbow waves and gradients in custom profiles. You should try a soft rainbow profile like the one i posted above and then restart your PC after tinkering in the software and check it out for a while after to see if you notice any flickering still. Im thinking its a firmware issue because the keys are random when they do flicker, and I don't notice it happening after a restart from tinkering with the software. Although, its still possible that its a hardware issue with the circuitry that dictates all of the light patterns with the keys. I'm still keeping a close eye and I hope it never becomes an issue again.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
I'm getting this for over 2 years on my Strafe RGB. It seriously tilts me that Corsair don't seem to care either... After being a firm corsair customer since the days they only did memory. I have to say that I'll have to go for a brand change, as I had problems with my Void headset too.

Archived