Corsair Community

BSOD on Asus P8P67 Deluxe

Firzenizer

I have been getting these BSOD's since I got this drive 2 weeks ago. It just happens randomly. Sometimes when PC is idle, some times playing a game. So I decided try to update my Firmware. It seems I have 1.3. So I started reading the instructions for updating firmware 1.3.3 and the first problem I had was that if I am correct I have 3 different sata controllers. Marvell, Intel and Jmicron and Intel and Marvell both should have 2x SATA 6Gb/s ports. Now I have tried using Marvell only. Well I will try Intel if it works better. I will get back to you if it gets any better.

But anyway the problem I had with updating my firmware was that the instructions told me to set SATA mode in AHCI and I am also having 2x 1Tb Samsung F3s in Raid0 and I can use those drives if I set AHCI so the question is. Can I set it to AHCI, update the driver and then set it back to RAID mode?

Now I have tried using Marvell only. Well I will try Intel if it works better.

Using the first Intel SATA port is strongly recommended (gray, SATA6G_1).

But anyway the problem I had with updating my firmware was that the instructions told me to set SATA mode in AHCI and I am also having 2x 1Tb Samsung F3s in Raid0 and I can use those drives if I set AHCI so the question is. Can I set it to AHCI, update the driver and then set it back to RAID mode?

As long as your SSD is not a member of your RAID array, there is no need to switch from RAID to AHCI and back, FW upgrade should work. At least it worked for me, i have a single SSD (non-member) and two HDDs (RAID1 array) connected to Intel controller running in RAID mode. No problems with upgrading from 1.2>1.3>1.3.2>1.3.3.

Just gotta see if it fixes my crashes.

If crahes still occur after FW upgrading, you should SecureErase your SSD, reset the CMOS and do a clean Win 7 installation (as stated in the FW upgrade instructions).

Btw: if you are using Intel RST (I guess you do so because of RAID array), you should disable LPM in registry for the port your SSD is connected to.

If crahes still occur after FW upgrading, you should SecureErase your SSD, reset the CMOS and do a clean Win 7 installation (as stated in the FW upgrade instructions).

Btw: if you are using Intel RST (I guess you do so because of RAID array), you should disable LPM in registry for the port your SSD is connected to.

No crashes so far. Yes I am using RST. How can I disable it?

You will find further information regarding LPM disabling here.

I attached a .reg file which will disable LPM for the very first Intel SATA port only (Intel port 0 = Asus SATA6G_1). If you are using another port, I can modify it for you. Just download, extract and run the included .reg file. You will need to reboot to make changes take effect.

Disable_LPM_Port0.zip

You will find further information regarding LPM disabling here.

I attached a .reg file which will disable LPM for the very first Intel SATA port only (Intel port 0 = Asus SATA6G_1). If you are using another port, I can modify it for you. Just download, extract and run the included .reg file. You will need to reboot to make changes take effect.

Thanks. I had it on port0 so I just used your file :P Still no crashes :cool: Cant remember when I had a day without a BSOD since I got the SSD :D Might be the first day :D

Hi .. I had the same issues with Corsair 60GB Sata III - randomly BSODing. Tried everything noted in these forums, and several others, including updating MBD and drive BIOS, and even trawled Technet with the error codes from the logs, all to little avail. I did manage to reduce the number of BSODs, but still had at least 2 a day - morning and mid afternoon, seemingly after several hours of minimal activity (it sits at home alone all day).

I finally seem to have resolved the issue, with no BSODs now for over 2 weeks. All I did, in desparatuion, was turn off Write Caching by turning on the Quick Removal policy in device Manager for the Corsair disk only. No technical advice leans this way and nothing in the error messages indicate this is a potential cause / fix, but it works - for me anyway.

No doubt affects the performance and a discophobe would be horrified, but the drive is still super quick and serves the fast boot speed purpose I wanted it for.

As I say, no issues since.

Good luck to anyone with the same issues. Sure is a pain!

Now I have started to get freeze combined with BSOD and drive not found thingy.

When I am playing Dungeon Defenders all the functions just slowly freeze in about 10 seconds, roughly 30 seconds later I get a BSOD telling that it couldn't even make the memory dump.

Once PC restarts it doesn't find my SSD. I have to restart the machine to make it boot again from SSD.

This has happened 3 times in the last 48 hours. Every time I have had Dungeon Defenders running.

I was thinking of updating the firmware, but again my controller is in RAID mode and in the firmware update thread its clearly stated that "The update will not work on a controller that is in RAID mode. This applies to SATA2 and SATA3 controllers."

I don't know what to do.

I was thinking of updating the firmware, but again my controller is in RAID mode and in the firmware update thread its clearly stated that "The update will not work on a controller that is in RAID mode. This applies to SATA2 and SATA3 controllers."

Have you tried to upgrade? Like I stated before, it will work with SATA controller set to RAID mode, because any single drive (no array member) will run in AHCI mode. It will not work with SSDs that are part of a RAID array. But you can try it with another option:

- Shut down system

- Unplug all drives except SSD and DVD drive

- Power on and set SATA controller to AHCI

- Run firmware upgrade

- SecureErase SSD

- Install Windows

- Shut down system

- Reconnect your unplugged drives

- Power on and set SATA controller to RAID

No, it will not, the FW upgrade is non-destructive. But it might be that your issues will still occur, in this case you will need to SE and do clean reinstall.

Ok. I might update the FW tomorrow if I have time :P Lots of programming to do and can't afford to cripple my PC now.

Archived