Corsair Community

H100I V2 Pump broke

o0sipa0o

Bought this cooler in best buy. It broke 7 months within of use. The Circuit board or water pump is not working. AIO pump on corsair links says it pumping however the CPU FAN HEADER on my BIOS info says its not receiving any RPMS. Bought a CPU Fan and it works just fine. Everything was connected normally. Changed the thermal paste and nothing worked. Test for air bubbles and it all seemed fine. So I'm certain its the Pump or the circuit board where the pump is located.

Unsure of I can get a refund and not too sure if I ever want a RMA. Rather not pay money to ship it and lose more money.

Well, that's up to you. I did have an experience like that myself and found the RMA process to be pretty painless. Lesson learned ... I now have a Hyper 212 EVO sitting in a box for backup (I have 4 liquid cooled systems in the house so ....).

The only thing that I would ask is if you are positively sure that you had your fan header at 100%/12v.

The Speed was set to a standard speed with a profile depending on CPU temp. Never had to mess with the speed. It has never hit 100% speed until it broke. When it was working fine the speed hardly hit 30% I don't even overclock my PC.

The Speed was set to a standard speed with a profile depending on CPU temp. Never had to mess with the speed. It has never hit 100% speed until it broke. When it was working fine the speed hardly hit 30% I don't even overclock my PC.

Not the pump speed ... the speed on the motherboard fan header that it was connected to.

If that fan header was set to "Standard Speed", it very likely that's what broke it. The fan header needs to be set to 100%/Full Speed for the pump to get the full 12V. Otherwise, most motherboards will detect it as a DC-controlled fan and reduce voltage (to as low as ~7V) to control fan speed.

Archived