Corsair Community

Faulty DDR3 stick (Ticket 634258): questions

HornetMaX

Hi all,

one of my 4x4GB DDR3 sticks purchased back in Dec 2011 is faulty (confirmed with MemTest of course).

I've created ticket 634258 and on the support site I can now chose between standard or express RMA. One question though: what should I send back, only the faulty stick or the entire lot (4 of them) ?

Also, I live in France, so I guess the "10 business days from the date your Express Replacement Order is shipped" constraint on express RMA is a bit tight.

Thanks !

You'll want to wait for a RMA approval first before you ship your modules. When approved, you will receive instruction to ship the modules to the nearest RMA hub.

Thx ! It just got approved (the last comment in the ticket says so) but I have no idea where to ship to: on the printable shopping label there's my home address :bigeyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Another update: still no joy :(

I've shipped my faulty ram kit and it has been received by the RMA center (Amsterdam) on 06 Nov. Initially I asked for an express RMA but I had an error on the support site when entering the credit card details (after the error that prevented me for a week from getting the proper return label ...)

. In the end I dropped the RMA option, knowing that anyway the faulty kit was already in Corsair hands.

Had a chat yesterday and today as I see no progress and latest news is that they don't seem to have the replacement product in stock so either they find a comparable one (I'm OK with that as far as it's 16GB not too slow and must be low profile) or they will have to refund.

And in the while, I'm stuck with no PC :( It's getting a bit looooooong !

• 2 weeks later...

Just to update: received the RAM kit today (not exactly the same but very close to my original one). It took exactly 1 month from the day I opened the ticket.

Overall the online support system showed a couple of bugs for me (impossible to print the shipping label as my own address was not recognized + problem when entering the credit card for an express RMA). Plenty of time lost due to that.

Even these problems aside, the RMA took quite a while: had to harrass Corsair support via chat almost daily. Chat works very fine, but follow-up actions are not that granted, hence the daily harrassing :)

Still, kudos to Corsair for honoring the warranty on a 6 years old RAM kit, especially knowing that I paid 90$ for it and the kit I got is currently at 135$ on newegg.

Archived