Corsair Community

Mounting a 280mm radiator in Corsair 570x RGB

gilrjohn

I know that a 280mm radiator+fans cannot be mounted in the top of the 570x, but can someone advise about mounting in the front? Do the 120mm SP120 fans need to be removed, or can the radiator be mounted behind the fans in a possible push/pull configuration? Would the difference in fan size cause any problems?

I know that a 280mm radiator+fans cannot be mounted in the top of the 570x, but can someone advise about mounting in the front? Do the 120mm SP120 fans need to be removed, or can the radiator be mounted behind the fans in a possible push/pull configuration? Would the difference in fan size cause any problems?

Check the specs of the rad. Should tell you your options. I'm planning my first build so I could be wrong but from the AIO's I've looked at 280mm rads support 140mm fans and the fans on the front of the 570x are sp120 rgb's.

You do need to purchase 3 more fans for the rest of the chassis so you could purchase non rgb's to go in front with the 280 rad or go with a mfg with rgb 140's you can install. There are a few options but one of them isn't purchasing 140mm rgb fans from Corsair cuz they decided not to immediately release 140's with the 120's. Painful. I tried.

I saw a build at youtube where they showed how to mount an AIO against the front fans. Sorry don't have the link. Basically they removed the screws on front fans and replaced with longer screws that attach the AIO against the front fans.

Archived