Corsair Community

Rgb share and how to upload properly!!

Please include a PROPER image and PROPER description for your profile, that means if your profile image is inappropriate or irrelevant from what your profile is about, then it will be rejected. Thank you.

Good idea Alex,

When going through them I generally place this in the comment for rejecting:

"Please add a photo, screenshot or video with your future submissions!"

If you've received a message like this in your submissions, this is the reason behind it.

this should be on the RGB share upload pace

Yea, I agree.

Good idea Alex,

When going through them I generally place this in the comment for rejecting:

"Please add a photo, screenshot or video with your future submissions!"

If you've received a message like this in your submissions, this is the reason behind it.

Are you checking the profiles now? Good because i just got 14 approvals that i forgot about lol.

Are you checking the profiles now? Good because i just got 14 approvals that i forgot about lol.

Yea, I've been in the system to check them for quite a while now. Takes me forever though cause not only do I have to deal with the slow speed of the system, connecting to it from Australia makes it 10x worse.

Yea, I've been in the system to check them for quite a while now. Takes me forever though cause not only do I have to deal with the slow speed of the system, connecting to it from Australia makes it 10x worse.

Dont worry about em, im taking care of most of them from now on. The site is pretty quick for me.

• 1 month later...

Hi krazykid,

I hope you will fix it so that at least some of your profiles show up with ownership of either "Alex Krastev" or "krazykid". Right now, looking at K95 RGB profiles in RGB Share doesn't show me anything when looking for those names.

I was going to PM you to suggest you put some profiles on RGB Share, but I searched the forum, and find you are actively aware and using this feature.

Keep up the good work! I am a fan. :loveeyes:

Hi krazykid,

I hope you will fix it so that at least some of your profiles show up with ownership of either "Alex Krastev" or "krazykid". Right now, looking at K95 RGB profiles in RGB Share doesn't show me anything when looking for those names.

I was going to PM you to suggest you put some profiles on RGB Share, but I searched the forum, and find you are actively aware and using this feature.

Keep up the good work! I am a fan. :loveeyes:

I tag my name in my profiles, it should show up when you search on rgb share. Beats me tho. I Haven't uploaded to the share site in ages, i might upload more soon.

Hope you figure out the RGB Share area soon. It could use some QA. Its current state is bad for the corporate image.

Apart from missing the profiles you thought you shared, there are many duplicates, and I think some of the uploaded profiles don't work with the latest CUE software.

1. The Matrix Has You by Stephen Clark
  2. Diagonal Static Rainbow for K95 by Michelle Huynh
  3. Campfire by Stephen Pepper
  4. Blue White Lines by Matthias Böhm
  5. MMO by Craig Apfelbeck
  6. Nuclear Explosion With Countdown by skillz1333 D
  7. The Matrix by Conraad Strydom
  8. Key Alternates by Noah SIler
  9. HelloKitty by Justin Wolf
  10. Rainbow Relapse by Zheren Zheng
  11. Rainbow Relapse by Zheren Zheng
  12. Rainbow Whole by Zheren Zheng
  13. Rainbow Relapse by Zheren Zheng
  14. one guy at the corner by Yogen H
  15. The Matrix by Conraad Strydom
  16. SBES Controller by Tyler Hamblin
  17. Rainbow Relapse by Zheren Zheng
  18. Shifter by anomy namja
  19. The Matrix by Conraad Strydom
  20. Rainbow Relapse by Zheren Zheng
  21. Rainbow Whole by Zheren Zheng
  22. Rainbow Whole by Zheren Zheng
  23. Rainbow Whole by Zheren Zheng
  24. Rainbow Whole by Zheren Zheng
  25. Sharplimov by Linus Hedlin
  26. K95tra by skillz13333 D
  27. U.S.A Golden Gun Theme by skillz1333 D
  28. Chelsea by jerome rotondi

Hope you figure out the RGB Share area soon. It could use some QA. Its current state is bad for the corporate image.

Apart from missing the profiles you thought you shared, there are many duplicates, and I think some of the uploaded profiles don't work with the latest CUE software.

1. The Matrix Has You by Stephen Clark
  2. Diagonal Static Rainbow for K95 by Michelle Huynh
  3. Campfire by Stephen Pepper
  4. Blue White Lines by Matthias Böhm
  5. MMO by Craig Apfelbeck
  6. Nuclear Explosion With Countdown by skillz1333 D
  7. The Matrix by Conraad Strydom
  8. Key Alternates by Noah SIler
  9. HelloKitty by Justin Wolf
  10. Rainbow Relapse by Zheren Zheng
  11. Rainbow Relapse by Zheren Zheng
  12. Rainbow Whole by Zheren Zheng
  13. Rainbow Relapse by Zheren Zheng
  14. one guy at the corner by Yogen H
  15. The Matrix by Conraad Strydom
  16. SBES Controller by Tyler Hamblin
  17. Rainbow Relapse by Zheren Zheng
  18. Shifter by anomy namja
  19. The Matrix by Conraad Strydom
  20. Rainbow Relapse by Zheren Zheng
  21. Rainbow Whole by Zheren Zheng
  22. Rainbow Whole by Zheren Zheng
  23. Rainbow Whole by Zheren Zheng
  24. Rainbow Whole by Zheren Zheng
  25. Sharplimov by Linus Hedlin
  26. K95tra by skillz13333 D
  27. U.S.A Golden Gun Theme by skillz1333 D
  28. Chelsea by jerome rotondi

There are duplicates because there is multiple keyboard types that people post for, which i think is stupid.

• Corsair Employee
There are duplicates because there is multiple keyboard types that people post for, which i think is stupid.

Its not stupid. There are criteria which searches for only a specific keyboard. If a user chooses to browse through ALL profiles, then of course all will show. The profiles are filtered by type because some people may not want a K65 profile on a K95 for example.

Using CUE 2.9.53, choosing Download Custom Profiles from the drop-down list emitted from activating the hamburger menu in the upper-left corner (to the right of my profile), I see RGB Share with a drop-down menu containing a single item (K95 RGB) corresponding to my keyboard.

In my previous message in this thread, I enumerated the full contents of the profiles presented within CUE, noting many duplications.

CorsairJames suggests that this may be caused by having the same named profile for various keyboard models.

To investigate, I went to the RGB Share website and selected my keyboard model.

Here is the list of profiles shown there for K95:

1. SNES Controller
  2. Key Alternates
  3. Chelsea
  4. Sharpiimov
  5. Battlefield 1
  6. Nuclear Explosion With Countdown
  7. U.S.A Golden Gun Theme
  8. The Matrix
  9. The Matrix
  10. The Matrix
  11. Shifter
  12. Reactive Rainbow
  13. Rainbow Whole
  14. Rainbow Relapse
  15. K95tra
  16. HelloKitty
  17. Campfire
  18. Diagonal Static Rainbow for K95
  19. Rainbow Random
  20. Rainbow Random
  21. Beating Heart
  22. The Matrix Has You
  23. one guy at the corner
  24. Jeffs Desktop
  25. Tetris
  26. Outer Space
  27. Heroes of the storm
  28. Frost
  29. Electricity
  30. Demo Mode
  31. Block Breaker
  32. MMO
  33. World of Warcraft - Azeroth
  34. Blue White Lines

There are some notable differences between the two lists, both of which are selected for K95 RGB (On the web site, after selecting the model the page header is "K95 RGB KEYBOARD." In CUE, there is a drop-down list, and only K95 RGB, my actual keyboard, is listed, and the check box "fits my device only" is shown.)

Profiles with duplicate names exist on both, but in different number.

1. The Matrix is shown 3 times on both the web site and CUE.
  2. Rainbow Random is shown 2 times on the web site, but is not seen in CUE.
  3. Rainbow Relapse is shown 1 time on the web site, but 5 times in CUE.
  4. Rainbow Whole is shown 1 time on the web site, but 5 times in CUE.

The web site contains K95 RGB profiles not shown within CUE.

1. Battlefield 1
  2. Beating Heart
  3. Block Breaker
  4. Demo Mode
  5. Electricity
  6. Frost
  7. Heroes of the storm
  8. Jeffs Desktop
  9. Outer Space
  10. Rainbow Random (shown twice on the web site)
  11. Reactive Rainbow
  12. Tetris
  13. World of Warcraft - Azeroth

While both the web site and CUE allows sorting by number of downloads and number of likes, CUE lacks the ability to sort by date uploaded, whereas the web site does give this option. This makes it challenging to note which version of a profile is newer, when the name/author is the same, especially as the uploaded date is not shown within CUE's profile list.

On the other hand, CUE allows sorting by number of views, and the web site does not.

Only on the web site are we seen submitter-produced artwork to go along with the profile. Most of these are static or dynamic images showing the lighting scheme. On CUE, highlighting a profile instant plays it. (If the profile itself has stored the Basic/Advanced setting, some UX testing may determine if it is more user-friendly to switch to the mode appropriate to the profile; initially I thought some of the profiles were broken, because nothing showed up in the current mode, and submitted profiles are sometimes set up for Basic lighting and sometimes for Advanced, so it is confusing as a FTUE, when one selects a few profiles and see some of them show lighting effects and others do not.)

If the user-submitted artwork is important, perhaps it could be shown in CUE. I recommend getting rid of it (eliminate any censorship bias), and automate creation of a 30-second looping GIF of the keyboard lighting scheme. (This will be a small file, because the GIF standard allows optimization of frames to store just the changed pixel; no need to ensure that a static GIF is made even if the keyboard lighting is static.) This will be more helpful to viewers. For example, the "Sharpiimov" profile has user artwork showing a white S over an orange background, and this has no obvious connection to the profile.

Having a video preview always available on the web site will strengthen the delivering of what is mentioned in the press release:

With RGBshare, Corsair aims to harness this creativity with an official, easy-to-use database that will make it easier for users to share, preview, find, and load profiles. Some of the RGBshare features include:

• Video previews

• Search for profiles - keywords, most downloaded, and more

• Direct loading into CUE

Note: The press release has a broken link.

Images of the new RGBshare feature can be downloaded at:

https://corsair.sharefile.com/d-sddce336801d4d8ea

Unlike the web site, CUE shows the creator name in the list of profiles--I recommend that the web site show this credit in the list. (On the web site, selecting a profile does, however, show the username of the submitter.)

Both CUE and the web site allow searching profiles. CUE's search directs one to "Search by Profile or Creator's Name." Searching for Zheng from within CUE shows me the expected profiles. Searching for Zheng from the website shows me zero profiles, although the profiles are available there. Looking closer on the website by selecting one of Zheng's profiles, I see that the creator is listed as "Zheren159." Searching CUE for this gives zero profiles, but does show the profiles on the web site. I recommend that Corsair use a consistent strategy of creditting profile submitters by handle or/and by name, and use this on both the web site and on CUE.

On CUE, I noted the above observations performed when having the filter "Fits my device only." The other choice is to "Show all compatible profiles". This lists profiles such as "Deus Ex Mankind Divided" which do not show up on the web site when selecting K95. It would be good if some automated tagging for profiles would occur so that there would be some way to tell from the websites what profiles are compatible with one's device.

My final observation is that given that profile submissions are manually vetted, that some thought be given to cases like "Battlefield 1" showing up in the web site in the K95 section and within CUE as a compatible profile -- it has the following description

"To download the Tile Icon, please visit my website and download to the pack from there." This text is not hyperlinked, nor is there a URL anywhere to be seen. It can be frustrating trying (and failing) to figure out where this website and tile are, and such confusion can be noted by the person vetting the profile to help ensure a good experience for the readership.

My final observation is that given that profile submissions are manually vetted, that some thought be given to cases like "Battlefield 1" showing up in the web site in the K95 section and within CUE as a compatible profile -- it has the following description

"To download the Tile Icon, please visit my website and download to the pack from there." This text is not hyperlinked, nor is there a URL anywhere to be seen. It can be frustrating trying (and failing) to figure out where this website and tile are, and such confusion can be noted by the person vetting the profile to help ensure a good experience for the readership.

That last example is of my profile. This is because of the frustrations I face using the platform to post my profiles. There is no current way to group profiles and post multiple if they are part of a set, such as my Overwatch and Burst collections.

The reason for the odd description is that I don't believe we can hyperlink from the text at all and I have no way of posting the tile icon to the share site for people to use. I pride myself on being a comprehensive way to fill out CUE, covering all aspects of using a profile. I try to cover all/as many devices as I possibly can, which is currently all keyboards except for a few missing keys on the K65 and the top bar of K95 Plat, this is all done within the one file because I've found it's the best way. All mice will once again be fully supported once my K95 has arrived and I can publish my K95/Mice update. Then there's the MM800 which has already been retro-actively added to my profiles going as far back as 2+ years now. CUE 2 uses tile icons, so I make one for people to use and more easily organize CUE profiles.

As creators, we also have no way to change or update our work on the platform. Meaning that thanks to the Mice update of 2.8, the Battlefield1 and Warcraft profiles that I've uploaded to the site will never be fully working. This is the reason they're currently the only profiles of mine on the platform, despite currently having ~225. I choose to instead do my own work through my Website so i can make changes and repair profiles when needed.

(As a side note, to upload all ~225 profiles [5 times each from Australia to US East] it would take over 56 hours of solid work due to the nature of the process, which is not a good effort/reward balance.

Now, I have some idea why Battlefield1 wouldn't be showing up on CUE. I believe because I have multiple keyboards, the metadata for the one I uploaded (I use the same file for all 5 uploads) must've had one of the other keyboards listed, which makes no difference on the website but apparently all the difference on CUE. These kinds of inconsistencies make it even harder to push/use the platform.

With CUE1, the Share Site made sense. Profiles we're generally only available one one keyboard and didn't work with the others. You had to manually edit the code of the file in order for it to work.

CUE has moved on though, it now imports profiles no matter the keyboard origin. So should the Share Site.

PS, nice data collection. Interesting to see the differences between the platforms like that.

Its not stupid. There are criteria which searches for only a specific keyboard. If a user chooses to browse through ALL profiles, then of course all will show. The profiles are filtered by type because some people may not want a K65 profile on a K95 for example.
But if you upload a K95 version you don't need to upload a K70, K65 or Strafe version.

But if you upload a K95 version you don't need to upload a K70, K65 or Strafe version.

Strafe has a different key (the FN replaces the right windows key)

+ The illuminated logo in the top left.

K65 has a difference in media keys to the other 3.

But yea, aside from those differences, exactly the same.

K95 goes into K70 flawlessly.

Thank you for responding. Perhaps instead of the text indicating that one should go to your web site' date=' you should let people know to go to https://lewisgerschwitz.com/corsair.html . Or is there some place I overlooked where this URL is documented near/within the various CUE profiles which mention the tile icon?[/quote']

This was purely an over-sight on my part. Didn't really think about it at the time and way-over-assumed the audience's familiarity with my work.

As for a place that had information within the file, there used to be a description field, but that got scrapped in Version 2.

• 3 weeks later...

Corsair Fans

I have only one Corsair Strafe RGB keyboard.

Looking at the RGB share site from within CUE2 the latest version, I found some of the uploads empty?

If i tick and click on a profile I can see the effect on my keyboard. This nice, now i can see how the effect before i upload.

Others are blank even if i upload.

Question are they all RGB profiles standard or advanced? I also see some of them have descriptions,nice.

I can also select within CUE2 standard or advanced setting.

Question about a profile I uploaded. It's been about 5 days since I uploaded my h1z1 KOTK profile for the k70 and it hasn't shown. I've had a few people interested in my profile but this is the only place i have uploaded it too and it still hasn't posted. Is there a way to get a mod to speed up the process?

Question about a profile I uploaded. It's been about 5 days since I uploaded my h1z1 KOTK profile for the k70 and it hasn't shown. I've had a few people interested in my profile but this is the only place i have uploaded it too and it still hasn't posted. Is there a way to get a mod to speed up the process?

I share your pain; I uploaded my first RGB SHARE profile some time ago. There is nothing more to be done here; krazykid, the moderator, acknowledged that he had approved my profile, but it never showed up either in CUE or on the web site, and this is new behavior to him, so until Corsair figures out what is going on downstream after the approval process, we will just have to wait and hope that somebody gives us an ETA. In the meantime, I've been attaching profiles to threads for illustrative purposes to answer questions in the forum.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all

I created a profile for the K70 a few months back but since it was my first attempt I overlooked the fact that I only created it in the advanced lighting mode. Since the cue link / lighting link function only appears in the standard lighting mode I decided to redo the profile and also add in some things for the mouse. The problem is the RGB Share site now shows all of the attempts to update the existing profile with the latest version.

Can I request someone delete all the previous profiles from me for Fractured Space and only keep the latest one please as follows;

http://gaming.corsair.com/en-gb/rgbshare/fractured-space-2eeb

Would be good if the CUE software also respected the profile uploaders username rather than disclosing their full name too as this is inconsistent with how profiles are shown on the RGB Share site.

If there's a correct way to indicate that you would like an upload to update an existing profile, of mine of course, that would be great to know.

I had a old corsair k70 RGB keyboard, but i died..so bought the new corsair k70 rgb LUX ...the lighting profiles i used to use dont work now, and when i try to use the ones in this thread, theres no lights after i import it....anyone know what to do?

I had a old corsair k70 RGB keyboard, but i died..so bought the new corsair k70 rgb LUX ...the lighting profiles i used to use dont work now, and when i try to use the ones in this thread, theres no lights after i import it....anyone know what to do?

Enter advanced mode and make sure what you're importing is a cue 2 profile.

Archived