Corsair Community

Installed CL, everything was fine, then fans etc. disappeared

trein

I'm pretty frustrated, there's a lot of posts about this issue but I didn't find any solutions.

System:

(corsair commander pro, running 4.9.7.35, not sure how to check FW, I think it is current)

Windows 10 Pro

i7 7700k

Gigabyte Z270N Gaming

16gb of Corsair RAM (think its 2x8gb 3200 lpx ddr4)

sf450 psu

no gpu installed currently

Peripherals-

.storage- 256gb 850 evo, 2tb micron SSD, 6tb WD HDD

.fans- 2x ML140, 2x USV14, 2 misc Silverstones (one 3-pin, one 4-pin iirc)

.water- fractal T12 AIO (3-pin), 2-pin water temp sensor

logitech mouse & keyboard

What happened:

-I built everything. Booted, installed Corsair Link.

-I ran Corsair Link, I could see all my fans/pump/water temp etc., I could make adjustments, and they were having the intended effects.

-I turned off the computer, came back (maybe it was the next time I turned on the PC, I don't remember) and none of my fans etc. are showing in Corsair Link. The fans are still running and seem quiet (I think they are being controlled by CL), but I can't monitor or change them.

Someone recommended loading SIV & starting the CL4 service. That didn't do anything.

I tried stopping Afterburner & riva tuner

I tried reinstalling Corsair Link, no change.

I've read that it may have something to do with the PC sleeping? Or fast boot, or USB header controls in BIOS, or registry entries, etc.

For some reason the CorsairLink4 & CorsairLink4Service are labelled as 32 bit in Task Manager. The CorsairLink4Service is displayed as running in the 'Details' & 'Services' tabs, not 100% sure if it's listed in the other tabs.

I just want to be able to start Corsair Link, have it display my peripherals & system info, and be able to make changes & save the profiles.

I downloaded USBDeView.

I see 10 devices, 8 are green (connected), 2 are greyed out (not connected)

The 2 are: Port #0013 & Port #0014 "usb input device" & "generic usb hub".

There's nothing listed that looks like it says Corsair, or Corsair Commander, etc. One of the greyed out entries is labelled as "USBHUB3" under the 'service name' tab

I downloaded USBDeView.

I see 10 devices, 8 are green (connected), 2 are greyed out (not connected)

The 2 are: Port #0013 & Port #0014 "usb input device" & "generic usb hub".

There's nothing listed that looks like it says Corsair, or Corsair Commander, etc. One of the greyed out entries is labelled as "USBHUB3" under the 'service name' tab

You should see a Vendor ID and a Product ID. Corsair's Vendor ID is 1b1c and the CoPro is Product ID 0c10. The CoPro's USB Hub is listed as a Generic USB Hub with Vendor ID 05E3 and Product ID 0610.

TY for the help

Both of the greyed out entries look like they're Corsair-

1) 1b1c/0c10

2) 05e3/0610

I'm not sure what that means/how to address it

*also, in Corsair Link, there is nothing listed under "Devices"

Thanks, I think it's solved (at least temporarily). After changing settings in BIOS, reseating the connectors, disabling Windows fast start, restarting in safe mode, redownloading/installing mb chipset drivers, then

-manually uninstall corsair link (kept personalized settings)

-manually uninstall corsair drivers

-download an older corsair link version (I gambled on 4.8.0.82, but ymmv)

-install corsair link, and corsair drivers

-select never check for updates

hopefully it sticks. I believe the issue was (like you pointed out) that the Corsair Commander was not being detected in (I guess Windows)? B/c neither USBDeView or Corsair Link was recognizing the commander as being plugged in.

Archived