Corsair Community

Asus P6T6 WS Revolution and Dominator GT

wizzard1709

Hi guys,

I plan to upgrade my Ram from the TR3X6G1600C8D to the GT series but I don't know which is compatible.

would like to have one of these sets

TR3X6G1866C7GTF

or

TR3X6G2000C8GTF

or

TR3X6G2000C7GTF

My question which one(hopefully all)will work with my mobo?????

• 4 weeks later...

I hope this is the right place to ask this question.

I have two ASUS P6T6 WS Revolution mother boards. I plan on using the Intel Core i7-975 Extreme Edition Bloomfield 3.33GHz in one of them, and the Intel Core i7-950 Bloomfield 3.06GHz in the other. The first machine will be used to run PRO/Engineer, a 3D CAD program that uses OpenGL. The other just wants to be reasonably fast enough to play with flight simulators. One of my simulators uses OpenGL as well.

My request is for recommendations for memory for both of these machines. Both will want 6 GB in each. Stability is important, particularly on the unit running CAD. That’s what I do for a living, so I don’t want to be playing with my computer.

Besides wasting money, is there any reason that I can’t buy the memory intended for over clocking? I don’t intend to build either machine over clocked, at least not at first. Will I have to buy memory over again if I decide to over clock one or both of these machines?

Thanks in advance

• Corsair Employee
With those CPU anything over DDR1333 would be over clocking and if stability is the most important part any of the modules should fit the bill but I would probably suggest TR3X6G1600C8D as the best choice both for price and performance or the next step up TR3X6G1866C7GTF.

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks Ram Guy and moogman79. I am ordering the TR3X6G1600C8D right now since I see the TR3X6G1866C7GTF don’t seem to be available right now, and for now at least, I don’t plan to over clock either. I may do that with one after I have some experience with these machines, and then I can get the upgrade for the machine that I want to over clock.

Reliability is my primary concern at least on the CAD machine. I may be fooling around with the one I use for gaming. I originally intended to buy the best memory for over clocking, and then I wouldn’t have to duplicate it at a later date, but since I am only likely to over clock one unit anyway, it’s no big deal.

Again, Thanks.

Archived