Corsair Community

Corsair Void cant GTA. Screenshot sound breaks ingame audio

FlashZA

Lemme set the record straight, I'm not a huge fan of corsair because of little things like this.

I have a Corsair Void Wireless Black edition (Not the pro that comes with charging station/extension). When i play GTA and i take screenshots through steam in the game, It tends to cause the game to hang for about 2 seconds after i've taken like 5-6 screenshots, and then resume from where it hung, but without ingame audio anymore. I can still hear spotify fine though which was running in the background.

Game audio does not return until i restart the game (which in GTA online is my lifetime and two more). When i do eventually restart, I take 5-6 screenshots more, and it does the same thing.

I know the work around. Turn screenshot sound off in steam settings. But i dont want to. I want to know why the product i bought cant handle steams screenshot sounds with game audio, when other headsets like my predecessor Cloud II's could. If its the CUE software, I've reinstalled it already. If its the firmware, I've updated it already. Tell me what else i can do except this silly compromising workaround.

Thanking kindly:

Flash

• Corsair Employee
Which version of iCUE do you have installed currently? Does this happen in any other Steam titles when you take screenshots? Try closing and exiting out of CUE and then take screenshots, and see if this has an effect.

Hi Corsair Nick, Thanks for replying

After your post I went to go check the version of my CUE program installed and saw that it was 2.24.50. When i hit update inside the software itself, it said that the latest was 3.4.95. I was pretty confused right there because i had downloaded the CUE software thats recommended for the Void headset on https://www.corsair.com/ww/en/downloads which happens to be the 2.24.50 one, But right at the very top of all the downloads is the iCUE which is that 3.4.95 version. I installed that one and dont seem to have encountered the problem yet but i will reply to this thread if it does happen again now

Update @Corsair Nick Its just happened again even on this new version of the software. I've tried it on other steam games and its only limited to GTA V. This person had the exact same issue as me and this is actually the workaround post. But i dont want a workaround:

http://steamcommunity(.)com/app/271590/discussions/0/1470841715976440344/

Friend with the same headset told me that they dont get this problem at all. I dont have the capacity to redownload the game because i'm severely limited by my connection, which cuts out a troubleshoot point, but am still getting the same problem as this other person. Any other ideas?

Archived