Corsair Community

H110i compatible w AMD ThreadRipper 1950x?

threads

Have a h110i + 1950X , are these 2 compatible or do I need to buy another cooler? < Unanswered

Also did the original materials in the box include the AMD 1950X installation bracket or do I have to get this separately or is it included in the box w my 1950x (unopened) ? < Answered, yes the cpu comes w cpu install tool + liquid cooler mounting bracket. Amazing the things you discover if you read the box.

Edited by threads

Yes, it's compatible. Not sure how much headroom you'll have for overclocking if that's your thing; I suspect some but can't say how much.

If you want to send your Threadripper and motherboard to me for a few months, I'd be happy to thoroughly test it for you tho. :D:

Yes, it's compatible. Not sure how much headroom you'll have for overclocking if that's your thing; I suspect some but can't say how much.

If you want to send your Threadripper and motherboard to me for a few months, I'd be happy to thoroughly test it for you tho. :D:

HaHa DevBiker dream on pal! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

& thanks a lot for the help.

Edited by threads

The h110i is a square , the h100i is a circle, I can see that the bracket that AMD provides is a circular shaped bracket. How do I get this to work????

Guy over here used a [ame]

[/ame] h100i

But mine isn't circular shaped!! how do I get the h110i to work???

man I hope this guy @devbiker didn't give me wrong info, now a whole day wasted and I won't have my pc running within the time I need it to be running by. Which means no work tom, maybe I can run in to the 24 hour best buy and see if they have a h115 meanwhile.

no best buy doesnt have it, officially screwed

Edited by threads

Dude ... I'm so sorry ... I think I did.

I wish I could make this better for you; I really do.

I got 110i mixed up with 115i. And the only thing that I could fine with someone mounting a 110i on a Threadripper involved some serious jury-rigging.

I will, however, accept any and all flames; they are deserved.

Dude ... I'm so sorry ... I think I did.

I wish I could make this better for you; I really do.

I got 110i mixed up with 115i. And the only thing that I could fine with someone mounting a 110i on a Threadripper involved some serious jury-rigging.

I will, however, accept any and all flames; they are deserved.

Apparently Corsair had malevolent plans to confuse their customer and made 3 different versions of the model H110i!!

The H110i has 3 different models.

They have the

>H110i http://www.corsair.com/en-us/hydro-series-h110i-280mm-extreme-performance-liquid-cpu-cooler

>H110i GT http://www.corsair.com/en-us/hydro-series-h110i-gt-280mm-extreme-performance-liquid-cpu-cooler

>H110i GTX http://www.corsair.com/en-us/hydro-series-h110i-gtx-280mm-extreme-performance-liquid-cpu-cooler

If you have the the H110i it will MOST LIKELY NOT work as it's a Square and not a circular base.

IF you have a H100i GT (the one I unfortunately have. it will NOT NOT NOT work on Threadripper as it's a square shape). ** See below

If you have the H110i GTX there is a HIGH chance it will work as it's a circular shape!

So if you have a H110i GTX, you have a good chance at it. If you haven't bought a cooler for your threadripper yet, I'd choose one from this list

Corsair

Hydro Series™ H80i v2

Hydro Series™ H105

Hydro Series™ H100i v2

Hydro Series™ H115i

https://www.amd.com/en/thermal-solutions-threadripper

I will go ahead and purchase a H115i from somewhere with next day air shipping.

Hmmm apparently the H110i GT was discontinued however I bought mine in May and NewEgg shipped me the discontinued model it appears. The heck NEWEGG!!!

Really surprised Best Buy has other models but not the H115i. Sucks! Edit: Apparently Best buy does have it but they named it weird. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/corsair-hydro-series-140mm-liquid-cooling-system-black/5885001.p?skuId=5885001

** = If you want your H110i GT to work with 1950x you'd have to do what this guy did and get some kind of your own aluminium plates. See 16:00 timestamp

[ame]

[/ame]

Ordered a h115i w next day air shipping from best buy as they don't keep stock and it won't get here until Thursday and cost me $185 as opposed to $135 cuz of extra on shipping. I am out of work today (Wednesday and until the time I install it on Thursday). My entire pc is dismantled awaiting the cooler. I can use the old cpu and mobo I have to work but that would mean removing the Zenith and reinserting the old mobo + cpu + water cooler + ram and all the wires. Screw it, I will just mis work and avoid the hassle. I should have double checked the 1950x compability. Oh well. Life goes on.

& people,, do make sure you provide the right info before hitting the submit button, thanks!

Edited by threads

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
There's a second bracket in the box for the TR4 cooler. You need to replace the bracket that comes pre-installed. It comes in the box and it does mount fine. I'm using the H115i Platinum on my TR 2950X.

DevBiker, can you please advise what or where the screws are for that pre-installed bracket you used? I have the h115i platinum, and the TR 2950X and have the TR4 bracket on the Corsair cooler, but none of the screws that came with the Cooler fit into the sockets on the TR4 CPU plate.