Corsair Community

F80 not detected in bios anymore can't boot

xSkoopx

This is terrible, I thought I had my ssd working fine and today it just crashed.

Dont know what happened, I have tried everything, but windows will not detect it in bios.

I tried different sata cables, different ports, nothing.

It's frustrating cause this is my main drive for windows to boot off of so I can't even get in to windows.

I think it just is faulty.

Well I found that on the POST screen it auto detects my seagate in sata port 2 and someting in sata port 6( my corsair f80 ssd) but when i go into bios it is still not detected. I'm stuck, can't reinstall windows if the drive is not detected.

Well I went ahead and requested an RMA.

I also attempted to exchange it Fry's, which is where I bought it. When the dude at fry's tested it with thier equipment, he said there was no response at all from the ssd. So I'm pretty convinced the drive failed.

^ I Don't think I have a number yet, I'm still in the request mode. I completed the RMA request link and got the confirmation email that corsair staff would contact me with further. Thats where I'm at with this, I'm fine with the delay in response, It is the holidays...to be expected.

In the meantime I just reconfiguared my system to run on one HDD.

• 2 years later...

I can add one more failed ssd to this thread :(

F80 - CSSD-F80GB2-A (2.4 latest firmware)

P/N: 47-000020 rev AA

I have used the ssd as system drive since about when I bought it in 2011 (14/7), so two years+

It has worked without problem to this day, where it now has suddenly died. No warning. Can't read data, and drive dosn't post in bios. Tried it with usb-adapter and in another machine - without any luck.

Now what? I've checked some of the testpoints on the PCB of the drive, and there are some voltage readings, but I don't know what they should be and where it might have failed. Can I find any info about the Test-points, and what they should be?

• 1 year later...

Archived