Corsair Community

Corsair SSD Force LS incompatibility with Asus X5DIN

CesareBorgia

Hello,

First i want to apologize for my bad english, second i will try to describe my problem. I bought SSD Corsair Force LS (240 GB).

It seems incompatible with my notebook: Asus X5DIN-SX175V (Asus K50IN according to program Everest). Manboard according to Everest: Asus K50IN series with chipset nVidia MCP79. Mainboard has lastest BIOS (AMI, version 223 from 07/05/11), SSD also has lastest firmware (S8FM07.2)

When i first installed this SSD, Bios detect it well, but problems were in Windows 7. Windows refuse to format SSD, and i have to format it in linux. Then in windows i try to copy some bigger files from HDD to SSD. In the middle of copy process, system starts to freeze and copy speed rapidly dropped.

When i tried install Windows 7, installation program refuse to format SSD , it ends with error message.

Then I tried to change BIOS value about work mode of SATA controller. I change it from Enhanced to Compatible (AHCI to PATA). Then after some lags and freezes Windows started its installation, but after some 5 hours it reached 20% so i stopped it.

I also tried another SATA slot in notebook, it do the same. Also Windows 8.1 do the same.

Only in Linux (Ubuntu) I can copy large files, format SSD and also install succesfully whole Linux. But then i can't boot, error messages about missing files appears.

Secure wipe in Corsair SSD toolbox also doesnt work (error messages).

I tried this SSD in desktop PC and it works fine (Windows installed and booted succesfully).

Maybe another chipset driver in windows may help, but i already has lastest version for my notebook and it will not solve the impossibility to install and boot Windows.

I dont know what next, i will be glad for any advice.

I already tried SSD in another system, in desktop PC and it work fine...windows was installed and booted, so problem is with compatibility SSD-my notebook

I have lastest (probably:) mainboard driver in my laptop, but I dont tried change chipset driver during install windows...I dont know which another drivers I can use...And also problems was in booting Linux, so I m not sure if change Windows chipset driver can help :((

Archived