Corsair Community

Asus M4A785TD-M EVO and TW3X4G1333C9DHX freezing

webnetjogger

ASUS M4A785TD-M EVO and TW3X4G1333C9DHX

system randomly freezes up, no BSOD and no error reported in Event logs. seems to be coming from from ram stability issue.

System is new build here is the specs

AMD X2 250 3.0 Ghz AM3 Skt

Asus M4A785TD-M EVO w/ 128mb DDR3 side port memory

Corsair TW3X4G1333C9DHX

PSU ******** 550W 20+4 pin, +5v@26A, +3.3v@28A, +12v1@22A, +12v2@22A, +12v3@25A

******** WD1600AAJS OS Drive

******** WD20EADS storage Drive

Windows 7 Premium

these are the specs i have the ram set at :

9-9-9-24-2T @ 1.5V

i noticed there is an option for DCT0 and DCT1 or both what does this do? it freezes worse when set to auto, and less when set to both.

need help with the settings for this motherboard.

thank you

system randomly freezes up, no BSOD and no error reported in Event logs.

yes i did, no errors found.

Exact same problem that i have:D:, but with 2000mhz module..:o:

Try to contact techicial support of your m/b, describe problem and ask for newest bios(beta version and etc).

1.5V

Or maybe try set to 1.6v, according to datasheet of module.

tried uping the voltage to 1.6, and 1.65 and still unstable. can some please tell me how i should set the timings in the bios.

DCT, 0, 1, both?

i set

TCL 9

TRCD 9

TRP 9

TRAS 24

Volatge 1.7v

I set both DCt 0 and 1 to these settings, and then left it on both

with the voltage at 1.7 it seems to be more stable why should i need to up the voltage so high?

apparently doing further research this memory has major problems. many forums are reporting that the SPD's were not programmed correctly. it HAS to run at 1.7v or it will be unstable, and you cant leave the bios on auto for the timings as the SPD isnt programed right.

So whats the deal corsair?

In otherwords what makes you believe this ram needs to be replaced? I don't want to get another set and have the same problem if it's a voltage or timing problem.

Are my voltage and timings correct? Would I need to check north bridge voltage or any other settings? Does the side portray affect this at all?

As I stated before memtest detects no errors. I have found 2 data sheets on this ram, one that states it runs 9-9-9-24 @ 1.5v and another that says it was tested at 7-7-7-21 @ 1.7v. By setting my ram at 9-9-9-24 @ 1.7v seemed to have made them stable. Does that throw up a red flag?

Archived